Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Great Is Lennox Lewis's Resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great resume. I'd still pick a good number of ATG heavyweights over him head to head, but he has an A+ resume, no doubts there.

Comment

Originally posted by JMaster View Post

Holyfield
      Tyson
      V. Klitschko
      Rahman
      Ruddock
      Golota
      Morrison
      Bruno
      Mercer
      McCall
      Tua
      Tucker
      Briggs

If you think that's a C- resume, you need some help.
      You're delusional. The majority of those people were washed up. Funny how you list McCall and Rahman as his great victories, yet nobody would even know who they are had they not DESTROYED Lennox Lewis in embarrassing knockout fashion.

Morbidly obese David Tua still went 12 rounds - Lennox couldn't even knock him out and I have never seen Tua look as bad, physically, as he did the night he fought Lennox Lewis.

Vitali didn't even get to finish the fight so that's bull**** - why didn't Lewis give him a rematch?

Holyfield is the only really good fighter on that list, and even then he was past his best.

Comment

Lewis didn't impress much against his best opponents. Against Klitschko he was definitely losing, against Mercer he arguably lost (scored it a draw myself), against Holyfield in the rematch he arguably lost (Lewis won by 2 pts on my card).

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
          You're delusional. The majority of those people were washed up. Funny how you list McCall and Rahman as his great victories, yet nobody would even know who they are had they not DESTROYED Lennox Lewis in embarrassing knockout fashion.

Morbidly obese David Tua still went 12 rounds - Lennox couldn't even knock him out and I have never seen Tua look as bad, physically, as he did the night he fought Lennox Lewis.

Vitali didn't even get to finish the fight so that's bull**** - why didn't Lewis give him a rematch?

Holyfield is the only really good fighter on that list, and even then he was past his best.
          I'll agree that Rahman and McCall aren't really great wins, still I'm sure both of them wouldn't be unknown given that McCall beat a flabby Holmes and Rahman became the WBC champion after his double date with Lewis.

No one has ever knocked out Tua, so why would a Lennox Lewis try too knock him out when he could simply box his ears off and coast to an easy decision?

Lewis didn't give him a re-match because he realized he didn't have it anymore and retired before he ended up looking like many older fighters and getting embarrassed like so many former greats.

The Holyfield that Lewis beat was no where near the Holyfield that fought Bowe or Tyson in my book and that win should be taken with a grain of salt. That said the worst resume of any Heavyweight champion is pretty harsh given that the current top heavyweights don't even have wins over past prime greats. I think I'd favor Lennox's resume over a good many Heavyweight champions resumes.

Also on a side note I never could comprehend why a post prime Lewis gets so much flack for getting Ko'd by Rahman when many of his contemporary's got knocked out in a similar fashion and never avenged the loss but are given the kerchief of safety by saying they were "washed up by then". He avenged both of his losses even when he was old when he fought Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
            Also on a side note I never could comprehend why a post prime Lewis gets so much flack for getting Ko'd by Rahman when many of his contemporary's got knocked out in a similar fashion and never avenged the loss but are given the kerchief of safety by saying they were "washed up by then". He avenged both of his losses even when he was old when he fought Rahman.
            Because he wasn't past his prime. He was just fat. Age and prime do not go hand in hand. Lewis started his pro career late. Lewis never looked any better in the past than he did in the Rahman rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseySugar View Post
              How great is Lennox Lewis resume of wins?

-Ossie Ocasio(Former WBA World Cruiserweight)
              -Gary Mason (35-0, British HW Champion)
              -Glenn McCrory (Former IBF CW Champion)
              -Tyrell Biggs (Super Heavweight Olympic Gold Medalist)
              -Donovan Ruddock
              -Tony Tucker (49-1)
              -Frank Bruno (Former WBC HW Champion)
              -Tommy Morrison (45-2, Former WBO HW Champion)
              -Ray Mercer
              -Oliver McCall
              -Henry Akinwande (32-0)
              -Andrew Golota
              -Shannon Briggs
              -Zeljko Mavrovic (27-0)
              -Evander Holyfield (3 Time HW Champion)
              -Michael Grant (31-0)
              -Francois Botha (40-2)
              -David Tua (37-1, 12 Straight Wins)
              -Hasim Rahma
              -Mike Tyson (49-3, 2 Time Undisputed HW Champion)
              -Vitali Klitschko (Current Number #1 HW)

Thoughts, were does it rank with ATG Resume's?
              Ocasio - 36yrs old and years past his best
              Mason - decent victory for Lewis
              McCrory - cruiserweight who was coming of KO loss
              Biggs - had been hammered by Tyson & was on the slide
              Ruddock - Damaged Goods after being brutalized by Tyson
              Tucker - `Junkie` and shell of former champion
              Bruno - gave Lewis a lesson in jabbing`unlucky loser`
              Morrison - HIV and had just been annihilated by Bent
              Mercer - most thought Mercer was robbed
              McCall - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis
              Akinwande - Class C european bum
              Golota - sedated in dressing room after takin panic attack
              Briggs - Class C journeyman with weak chin
              Mavrovic - `WHO` weak european champion
              Holyfield - yrs past his best & robbed in 2nd fight
              Grant - Bum undeserving of title fight
              Botha - Bum undeserving of title fight
              Jackson - Bum undeserving of title fight
              Butler - Bum undeserving of title fight
              Fortune - Bum
              Tua - Fattest man to ever fight for title
              Rahman - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis
              Tyson - Turned up for money`decade past his best
              Vitali - had Lewis in dire straits, unfortunate loser

Lewis hand-picked Class C fighters and fighters on the downside of their careers never ever fighting fighters who was at the "TOP OF THEIR GAME" -from 1991 - 2003 Lewis avoided all the top fighters in the world who was at "THE TOP OF THEIR GAME" many of them holding World Titles during that time : Foreman, Holmes, Tyson in 1996, Bowe in 93 & 95, Sanders, Wlad, Hide, Holyfield, Moorer, Ruiz, Jones jr. Byrd, Vitali rematch..

Lewis was "STRIPPED" of every version of the undisputed Heavyweight Championship for refusing to fight the No1 contenders.. not one single opponent who Lewis `hand-picked for harmlessness` was at the top of their game, they was all on the downside of their career`s....links provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

ttp://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4529125.html

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ewman-dan-duva

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
                Ocasio - 36yrs old and years past his best
                Mason - decent victory for Lewis
                McCrory - cruiserweight who was coming of KO loss
                Biggs - had been hammered by Tyson & was on the slide
                Ruddock - Damaged Goods after being brutalized by Tyson
                Tucker - `Junkie` and shell of former champion
                Bruno - gave Lewis a lesson in jabbing`unlucky loser`
                Morrison - HIV and had just been annihilated by Bent
                Mercer - most thought Mercer was robbed
                McCall - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis
                Akinwande - Class C european bum
                Golota - sedated in dressing room after takin panic attack
                Briggs - Class C journeyman with weak chin
                Mavrovic - `WHO` weak european champion
                Holyfield - yrs past his best & robbed in 2nd fight
                Grant - Bum undeserving of title fight
                Botha - Bum undeserving of title fight
                Jackson - Bum undeserving of title fight
                Butler - Bum undeserving of title fight
                Fortune - Bum
                Tua - Fattest man to ever fight for title
                Rahman - journeyman who poleaxed Lewis
                Tyson - Turned up for money`decade past his best
                Vitali - had Lewis in dire straits, unfortunate loser

Lewis hand-picked Class C fighters and fighters on the downside of their careers never ever fighting fighters who was at the "TOP OF THEIR GAME" -from 1991 - 2003 Lewis avoided all the top fighters in the world who was at "THE TOP OF THEIR GAME" many of them holding World Titles during that time : Foreman, Holmes, Tyson in 1996, Bowe in 93 & 95, Sanders, Wlad, Hide, Holyfield, Moorer, Ruiz, Jones jr. Byrd, Vitali rematch..

Lewis was "STRIPPED" of every version of the undisputed Heavyweight Championship for refusing to fight the No1 contenders.. not one single opponent who Lewis `hand-picked for harmlessness` was at the top of their game, they was all on the downside of their career`s....links provided.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo

ttp://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-4529125.html

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...ewman-dan-duva
                I was wondering when the pathetic hater would scurry into the thread

Bowe DUCKED lewis

Comment

holyfield beat lewis the 2nd fight watched it again on sat and he was well out his peak the tyson lewis fight should never be mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post

This post is not going to work. Show me a Heavyweight not named Ali or Holyfield with a BETTER resume' than LL.

If its truly a C-, then you shouldnt have a hard time coming up with 5 guys that have better ones. Give me just ONE of those A+ fighters and we'll see how Lennox holds up.

Comment

Originally posted by Soir View Post
                      This post is not going to work. Show me a Heavyweight not named Ali or Holyfield with a BETTER resume' than LL.

If its truly a C-, then you shouldnt have a hard time coming up with 5 guys that have better ones. Give me just ONE of those A+ fighters and we'll see how Lennox holds up.
                      Archie Moore ?
                      Last edited by NChristo; 05-11-2010, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X