Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will Floyd come out of retirment to fight GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will Floyd come out of retirment to fight GGG at 160?

Floyd has been accused of being a cherry picker and ducker for many years of his boxing career. Even since he became a somebody in boxing in fact.

He is known for being someone who don't take risks in boxing. I think its time he was underdog, because otherwise you are going to be seen as someone who was too cautious and played it safe.
    Duran did it at 38 against Barkley and he did extremely well against Hagler as well. Floyds bests wins will be over a smaller Pac with one arm and coming off of a loss to jmm. Is Floyd really satisfied with that?

Fight GGG at 160 and be underdog. Otherwise people will see Floyd as not having fought who he should have fought. Just last 12 rounds with GGG and Floyd will go up notches on the ATG list.

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    GGG has been accused of being a cherry picker and ducker for many years of his boxing career. Even since he became a somebody in boxing in fact.

He is known for being someone who don't take risks in boxing. I think its time he was underdog, because otherwise you are going to be seen as someone who was too cautious and played it safe.
    Duran did it at 38 against Barkley and he did extremely well against Hagler as well. GGGs bests wins will be over a smaller Cotto with one gay fat friend and who already lost to Trout. Is GGG really satisfied with that?

Fight Ward at 168 and be underdog. Otherwise people will see GGG as not having fought who he should have fought. Just fight Ward and GGG will go up notches on the ATG list.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Not you again the man who keeps changing my quotes.
      GGG can fight Ward anytime, maybe in a year or twos time. Floyd cant wait that long so don't keep changing the topic.
      GGG can rise the ATG rankings without fighting Ward. Floyd cant do that by outpointing Berto, Garcia, Khan. So he may as well do it against GGG in a one off fight.

He can do it in a one off fight, rather than fight who is supposed to fight if he didn't retire. Like cleaning up against Thurman, Garcia, Crawford, Khan etc etc.

Floyd don't like lots of fights, so do it in one.

Comment

Floyd is too small for GGG. And Golovkin saying he can make 154, isn't the same as actually doing it and performing well. He's my favorite fighter these days and I would hate to see him weight drained.

Moving up, taking big risks to see how far your career can go is what made guys like Duran great, but Floyd doesn't care what you and I think obviously. And let's not pretend that Floyd didn't move up 24 lbs from his original weight class himself.

Duran might be an overachiever, Floyd might be an underachiever, but he's done well for himself and I'm pretty sure he's more than satisfied with his career and money of course. He's retired, but if he did come back, you know it won't be against Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Not you again the man who keeps changing my quotes.
          GGG can fight Canelo anytime, maybe in a year or twos time. GGG cant wait that long so don't keep changing the topic.
          Floyd can rise the ATG rankings without fighting GGG. GGG cant do that by knocking out Monroe, Rubio, Lee. So he may as well do it against Ward in a one off fight.

He can do it in a one off fight, rather than fight who is supposed to fight if he didn't stay at 160. Like cleaning up against Lee, Johnson, Heiland, Saunders etc etc.

GGG don't want to move up, so do it in one.
          SMH...It's crazy how you guys have high demands for the fighters you hate and low expectations for the fighters you love.

That's like telling someone else's kid to take honors classes and holding back your own kid in the same grade.

Comment

Come on down to 147. ggg has no leg to stand on to demand anything to Floyd

Comment

All I know is ray leonard came back off a 5 year layoff to beat hagler.

Just saying

Comment

I truly think it could have been a possibility if GGG had proven to be the PPV star that his followers claimed he was going to be.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    All I know is ray leonard came back off a 5 year layoff to beat hagler.

Just saying
                    Leonard was 31 years old and he's naturally a much bigger guy than Floyd, who's gonna be 39 next year, Leonard started his pro career at 147 and Floyd started at 130, Floyd has been plagued by hand injuries all his career and therefore lost a lot of power of the years, plus Hagler was not the same by the time he fought Leonard and he wasn't anymore at his best like GGG is right now.

The fight was after a 3 year layoff, not 5.

Comment

Working...
                    X