Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comparing Willie Pep to Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing Willie Pep to Floyd Mayweather?

As you can see I haven't been on these forums for very long, but how do people, especially people who LOOK like they seem well into boxing history and boxing it's self. ****in, compare the most overrated, cherry picking, media blown Floyd Mayweather against an ATG such as Willie Pep.

I see people on the forums to go as far and say Floyd had a better defence/footwork then Pep.

Can anyone, give a half decent reason why Mayweather would be better then an ATG.

Out of curiosity, exactly how many Pep fights have you watched?

Comment

I don't see many, if any, saying Mayweather is greater than Pep.

Comment

PBF is a great fighter but please don't put him on a level with Pep, that's only the ignorant fight fans that don't know the history of the sport.

Comment

I've seen enough Pep fights and enough Floyd fights to know that it's silly to even put Floyd on the same level as pep, let alone put him above pep.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bison View Post
            I've seen enough Pep fights and enough Floyd fights to know that it's silly to even put Floyd on the same level as pep, let alone put him above pep.
            Which fights have you seen specifically? Just asking.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              I don't see many, if any, saying Mayweather is greater than Pep.
              You need to get out more there is heaps , Floyd would school Pep havent you seen the footage of Pep , like saying Jack Johnson would beat Ali lol

You kids are into to much written hype , just watch the tapes .
              moneytheman Ascended likes this.

Comment

Pep v Famechon,
                Pep v Saddler,
                Pep v Saddler 3,
                Pep v Walton,
                Pep v Chavez,
                Different highlight reels and film analysis of Pep's footwork.

Unfortunately much like Sugar Ray, it's really hard to find decent Pep fights seeing as how old a boxer he is. A lot of his recorded work comes from when he was out of prime, yet still better then 80% of boxers today.

Comment

Nobody compares to Floyd...for he his the biggest Coward in boxings history. No one will ever come close to stealing that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    You need to get out more there is heaps , Floyd would school Pep havent you seen the footage of Pep , like saying Jack Johnson would beat Ali lol

You kids are into to much written hype , just watch the tapes .
                    you are just a big dumbass arnt you?

Comment

Working...
                    X