Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia Deal Almost Done For September 13 Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh god, this is a dreadful fight. Hope it doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      This isn't a terrible fight but not one I want as a fan right now. Maidana rematch is the fight to make for September, but maybe because the fight didn't crack 1 million buys Showtime doesn't want that again.

Idk about this....it's just meh for me.
      if maidana didnt crack 1 million buys they are smoking crack thinking a danny fight will lol.

These are Guerrero numbers at best, and guerrero is Mexican which danny is not so he getting no love.

Comment

If Garcia had looked good vs Herrera, I wouldn't have a problem with this fight

But honestly Floyd-porter is the fight to make. I would take that over Garcia or Maidana rematch

Comment

Given the list of September possible opponents, this is what I feared would happen. Still better than a Khan fight as of now though.

Even though the majority of scorers and honest fans had Floyd beating Maidana, competitive and close but handily....Floyd should still fight him to set the record 100% completely straight.

And the first fight was pretty exciting actually given the drama that Floyd was pretty close to actually losing.
          It's a year too early.

But I would rather it happen now to open the door for bigger and better fights next year. If anything I think its a perfect time to just get the Khan fight out of the way since we know its going to happen at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
            Hell no it isnt. Maidana actually pushed the action and made it a fight. Garcia is gonna get outboxed and countered in the middle of the ring for every second of every round. All you people that clown on the maidana fight this garcia fight will be a boring asss fight, the styles dont mesh up well.
            Maidana did well to neutralize Mayweather somewhat, and land to the body but his work was too insubstantial. Why should Mayweather finish his career tangling with Maidana twice? Maidana should look to face Thurman, Porter or rematch Khan and work his way into a rematch.

Comment

This isn't a terrible fight but not one I want as a fan right now. Maidana rematch is the fight to make for September, but maybe because the fight didn't crack 1 million buys Showtime doesn't want that again.

Idk about this....it's just meh for me.
              I think a rematch against Maidana would do some really good PPV numbers because how competitive the first fight turned out to be.

I'm not a fan of a fight between Garcia and Floyd cause Floyd will beat him easil. (I assume the fight would take place at 147)

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
                if maidana didnt crack 1 million buys they are smoking crack thinking a danny fight will lol.

These are Guerrero numbers at best, and guerrero is Mexican which danny is not so he getting no love.
                But you don't believe Danny's a bigger draw than Maidana? lol

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                  damn. I don't know who I'd support.. Why they doing this?
                  Its gunna be like watching two of your friends fight.. Cant support either just gotta watch it play out.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKY IV View Post
                    Floyd Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia Deal Almost Done For September 13 Clash'

The Worldwide Sport Of Boxing has been informed that WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia has been presented with an offer to take on pound for pound king and WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather - who is also the WBC/WBA Super World/The Ring junior middleweight champion - on September 13.

It is understood that a deal is very close and an announcement is imminent. Mayweather and Garcia will go on a major promotional tour to several cities to promote fight - accompanied by their fathers and trainers; Floyd Mayweather Sr. and Angel Garcia.

It is unclear whether Garcia would step up to 147lbs to challenge Mayweather for his welterweight titles, or whether Mayweather would drop down to the 140lbs division to challenge Garcia for his junior welterweight title. All will be confirmed in the imminent announcement.
                    Almost done deal.... sounds good. They're probably just working out on the pillow gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
                      damn. I don't know who I'd support.. Why they doing this?
                      Yeah I'm a Danny Garcia supporter as well, of course I'm going with Mayweather but it's gonna be a difficult fight to watch

Comment

Working...
                      X