Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mayweather's Return Against Marquez Good Or Bad Prep For Mosley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
    Floyd Mayweather Jr had been retired for around 2 years before he returned in September 2009 to fight Juan Manuel Marquez. Do you think the fight against Marquez was good or bad preparation for the upcoming Shane Mosley fight?

By the May 1st date:

Mosley would have been Inactive for approximately 1 Year, 3 Months and 1 Week.

Mayweather would have been Inactive for approximately 7 Months and 2 Weeks.
    For an old guy, the longer rest heals Shane better. Floyd vs Marquez is good since he wasn`t damaged too much, but psychologically he may not be really ready for a tough fight against a big ww.

But who knows?...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
      The performance was impressive but I wouldn't call it good or bad preparation for Mosley as it was essentially a sparring session against a smaller fighter who fights nothing like Mosley.
      I hear that.. so perhaps Mayweather couldn't put on a similar dominating performance against Mosley, the Marquez fight was somewhat misleading?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
        Floyd Mayweather Jr had been retired for around 2 years before he returned in September 2009 to fight Juan Manuel Marquez. Do you think the fight against Marquez was good or bad preparation for the upcoming Shane Mosley fight?

By the May 1st date:

Mosley would have been Inactive for approximately 1 Year, 3 Months and 1 Week.

Mayweather would have been Inactive for approximately 7 Months and 2 Weeks.
        Bad for him...Good for me. I wanna see SSM KO him flat

Comment

Working...
        X