Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's next for Guillermo Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to see how he does with Mathebula.

Comment

Well, I guess he could also fight Vasquez or Darchinyan too.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Quigg is a young fighter with good fundamentals, plus he earned his title shot when he beat Munroe. It's not like Rigo has many choices anyway.
        And this is the problem. My wish came true when Poonsawat was announced as an opponent. Unfortunately, that match-up never materialized. Nearly all that's realistically left now are fighters coming up from 118 or Donaire hand-me-downs. I don't like either.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          I'd like to see how he does with Mathebula.
          would be interesting to see how rigo deals with the huge height and reach disadvantage...rigo is like 5'4"1/2 i think...and mathebula is like 5'11" lol...but not sure how good his jaw is since donaire broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Well, I guess he could also fight Vasquez or Darchinyan too.
            any of these fights is very good and a major step up for rigo imo..i just like to see rigo againts someone i think is worthy..coz tbh , he hasnt look that good even againts mediocre opponents...

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
              any of these fights is very good and a major step up for rigo imo..i just like to see rigo againts someone i think is worthy..coz tbh , he hasnt look that good even againts mediocre opponents...
              I agree that they would be good opponents but, if/when Rigo beats them, I can see folks saying Rigo fought damaged goods.

What about Alexander Bahtkin that the Ring has ranked at #5?

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                I agree that they would be good opponents but, if/when Rigo beats them, I can see folks saying Rigo fought damaged goods.

What about Alexander Bahtkin that the Ring has ranked at #5?
                havent seen him yet but if he'sranked top 5 why not?.. rico ramos was ranked but ive seen how he was ranked and he was trash from the start ..still he was ranked is what matters...

Comment

i guess the only option is wilfredo "i still want to fight juanma" vasquez

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    And this is the problem. My wish came true when Poonsawat was announced as an opponent. Unfortunately, that match-up never materialized. Nearly all that's realistically left now are fighters coming up from 118 or Donaire hand-me-downs. I don't like either.
                    Why? Just because they lost to Donaire doesn't mean they aren't worthy of challenging for another title. Rigo should be fighting top contenders, so what if some of them have lost to other fighters. That shouldn't factor in at all.

Comment

How's Shimoda doing these days? He was out-boxing Ramos until he got caught.

Comment

Working...
                      X