Comments Thread For: Maidana vs. Thurman added to Broner-Escobedo Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maidana vs. Thurman added to Broner-Escobedo Undercard

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn

Hold your nose for terrible fight made for Broner-Escobedo @HBOboxing co-feature: Maidana vs. Keith Thurman. Are you kidding me? #boxing

Comment

Damnt, was hoping for maidana to be on that canelo/ortiz undercard vs someone decent. I guess they want a soft touch coming back down to 140 and to see where hes at w/ garcia

Comment

I take it this will be at welter?

Comment

This could be an entertaining fight... a warrior against a very good prospect, both heavy handed. Thurman is quicker, Maidana has much more experience. Thurman can score a big upset IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I take it this will be at welter?
            I thought maidana was going back down to 140? but I looked thurman up on boxrec and hes a 5'11 welter 17-0 with 16 KO's...hes never fought past 8 rounds though. I guess its at welterweight then.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
              I thought maidana was going back down to 140? but I looked thurman up on boxrec and hes a 5'11 welter 17-0 with 16 KO's...hes never fought past 8 rounds though. I guess its at welterweight then.

I thought so too, at least I was hoping he would go back down to 140 & maybe target the likes of the Soto vs Matthysse winner.
              I think Thurman has fought at 154, he is pretty big but his chin is certainly suspect which is never a good thing against a guy like Maidana.

Comment

After all that **** he was talking Maidana is staying at 147? Or Garcia can't help him make weight either?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  After all that **** he was talking Maidana is staying at 147? Or Garcia can't help him make weight either?
                  Maidana and rios must be hitting the taco stands and buffets in oxnard

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Maidana and rios must be hitting the taco stands and buffets in oxnard
                    Yea haha.

It was more of a shot at Garcia than Maidana but Rios always been a fat ass. I guess his bad influence might be rubbing off on Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                    X