Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did JMM-Pacquiao III Hurt pacman's ranking?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Mayweather knew exactly who he was fighting and was coasting on his way to an easy win. How those tactics would work against Pacquaio is just speculative and pretty much irrelevant.
    I don't think Mayweather can fight the way he used to(constant lateral movement and angles). At 34 he is a flat footed fighter that relies MUCH more heavily on the shoulder roll to avoid punches than he used to.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      I don't think Mayweather can fight the way he used to(constant lateral movement and angles). At 34 he is a flat footed fighter that relies MUCH more heavily on the shoulder roll to avoid punches than he used to.
      Because he can. Marquez was more of a stand-and-bang fighter before last night. If Mayweather has to, he can dance around and move. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        This is the same guy who struggled against a washed up Casa, was getting buzzed by Juan Diaz - went through quite a lot to get that win, and he was dropped by Katsidis. in all of his fights at lightweight he has looked past it he is far removed from his prime he doesn't have the same legs at all, in fact he was showing signs of decline before the 2nd meeting with Pacquiao. He is undoubtedly past it, I don't see any argument against it either, your using 1 fight against several and the general consensus for the past few years had been that he is well past-it.
        I take it that he was "Morales"ing those guys - he knew he could bang it out with them so he did. He showed speed, accuracy, combinations and better defense than I've seen from him in a long long time against Pacquiao. He could just be another ageless wonder.

Comment

Yes, they should change the pound for pound rankings. Mayweather should be #1. Marquez should be up higher than where he is now and Manny should be somewhere below Marquez.

As far as Mayweathr being flatfooted. He has fought flatfooted before when he was younger. A part of me believes that he is fighting in this manner purposely. A part of me does wonder though... i can't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
            I take it that he was "Morales"ing those guys - he knew he could bang it out with them so he did. He showed speed, accuracy, combinations and better defense than I've seen from him in a long long time against Pacquiao. He could just be another ageless wonder.
            Just for a bit of context (so I don't look TOTALLY like a blind nuthugger ), he "struggled" with Terdsak Jandaeng and Jimrex Jaca before he even left featherweight. He just likes to win an exciting fight if he thinks he has the option.

Comment

Pacquiao can still redeem himself. All the greats have had off-nights, and while I'm not convinced that this was one, he could have it categorized as an off-night with a decisive win over Marquez in a rematch or Mayweather of course.

In that case it will take very little away from his legacy. As of now, I believe it shows that Pacquiao matches up with certain fighters far better than with others and that his recent dominance has a lot to do with clever match-making.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                He's making over 20 million dollars in each fight without taking major punishment, and you think he should retire? Would you?
                I didn't mean that as an attack on PacMan. I feel like he's done enough, and there isn't much left for him. Sure he can make money, but his historical achievement days imo are probably behind him. Yes, I'd retire. Why not get out while your still a king?

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  I didn't mean that as an attack on PacMan. I feel like he's done enough, and there isn't much left for him. Sure he can make money, but his historical achievement days imo are probably behind him. Yes, I'd retire. Why not get out while your still a king?
                  Seems the smart choice huh, but history tells us it must be hard to turn down all that cash per fight despite being filthy rich already. There's also EGO.

I think Floyd needs to make the fight ASAP before Manny does retire, its so winnable - tests or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    Just for a bit of context (so I don't look TOTALLY like a blind nuthugger ), he "struggled" with Terdsak Jandaeng and Jimrex Jaca before he even left featherweight. He just likes to win an exciting fight if he thinks he has the option.
                    Two of his best fights. Watch em all the time - The Uppercuts....The Uppercuts....

Comment

Underdog or not, I knew for certain Marquez would win that fight and get robbed.

I am honestly shocked by the amount of people who were thinking otherwise before the fight.
                      What had pac done to suggest he'd finally solved Maruez style in his fights just before this one???
                      NOTHING

Pac is like a child who's learned not to touch the stove or he'll get burned.
                      Meaning he's afraid to fight to valiantly against Marquez, because he knows he'll get punished for evry mistake.
                      The hunger and fire he used to have is all gone.......
                      Last edited by lightsout_finit; 11-15-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X