Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew Rips Cleverly, Talks Dawson, Vows KO For Bolonti

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew Rips Cleverly, Talks Dawson, Vows KO For Bolonti

Tony Bellew hopes to put himself in line for another world title shot with a crushing win over Roberto Bolonti on Saturday night.

The Liverpudlian came up short in a points defeat by WBO light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly last year, but victory over Bolonti would push him up the queue to face WBC king Chad Dawson.

Bellew is willing to face any of the divison's champions and is planning to send out a statement with a knockout victory on the undercard of the Carl Froch-Yusaf Mack fight.

"He's going to leave the arena in a world of pain, that's what I can tell you," Bellew told Sky Sports News HD.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everything he said in that interview is 100% true. I like Cleverly - but he seriously needs to step up his game. No excuses. Plus, his comments on Tyson Fury were hilarious and also true.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
      Everything he said in that interview is 100% true. I like Cleverly - but he seriously needs to step up his game. No excuses. Plus, his comments on Tyson Fury were hilarious and also true.
      What did he say about Fury?

Comment

Didn't Bellew turn down the rematch with Cleverly?

Comment

I find it a bit difficult to swallow anything coming from Bellew who predominately fights out of his hometown.

At least Cleverly went in to Bellew's backyard for their World Title fight.

Cleverly's also defended his World Title in America. Showing he's willing to travel and get his name out there for the big fights.

I agree Karpancy was a bad opponent, that can't be defended but Cleverly was unlucky with Breahmer pulling out last minute and with the Coyne situation who was the original opponent lined up.

Coyne was top 10 ranked in two of the sanctioning bodies.

Bellew's fought McIntosh who Cleverly beat with ease years back for the British title and a completely shot Miranda.

Bellew hand picked Cleverly coz he thought he was the easiest of the Champions at the time and came up short.

He talks about fighting Chad Dawson but that's the biggest bs you'll ever hear.

Bellew's been dropped 3 times and rocked by Cleverly several times in their fight who doesn't have big power.

Bellew's chin is suspect and he knows it which is why you'll not see him with anybody that can box as well or better than him but can also punch.

The only time you'll see him in with a puncher is when he knows they won't have the ability to catch him due to poor footwork etc.

Comment

I Like Cleverly watched quite alot of his fights when he was on the way up, but he's gone down in my estimation a bit now...I actually prefer Bellew now, seems to want things more and is busier now he's moved to Hearn, I think Bellew could get a title and possible beat Clev in a re-match.

He's been sparring with Froch and probably training he'll be learning alot and hopefully improving with it.

Comment

Bellew didn't cherrypick Cleverly, they were both with Warren and the promoter was just cashing in. Says something when BoxRec have Bellew ranked higher than Cleverly, the latter being a world champion with several defences already.

"peeleft:

Comment

Working...
              X