Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best or most shocking examples of great chins being.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frazier-Foreman comes to mind.

Foreman-Moorer also.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Can't believe no one has said marquez knocking out manny...

Manny has a great chin, hadn't been dropped since he was a teenager over a decade and a half ago...

Marquez putting him to sleep, was shocking
      I seem to remember Marquez knocking him down in the second fight, but the knockdown not being called or something. Am I mistaken?

But yeah, it's a good call.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Frazier-Foreman comes to mind.

Foreman-Moorer also.
        Are you saying that Michael Moorer had a great chin?

Comment

I seem to remember Marquez knocking him down in the second fight, but the knockdown not being called or something. Am I mistaken?

But yeah, it's a good call.
          I believe the only knockdown in the 2nd fight was marquez getting dropped in the 3rd if memory serves...

I think barrera might have gotten a phantom knock down called on manny in the first fight but don't really remember...

The only ones I know for certain is the ones in Asia as a teenager, and marquez dropping him early in the 4th fight, before he iced him in the 6th..

Comment

Robinson vs Fullmer
            Gonzalez vs Mares

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              Are you saying that Michael Moorer had a great chin?
              Great is probably too much. But I thought he had a decent chin then. Certainly, and I am sure everyone would agree, it came as a massive shock that Foreman knocked him out like he did.

I would say Moorer had a good chin at the time. I know he went down vs Cooper in a slugfest of proportions that reminded me of Holyfield-Cooper, but I wouldn't say he had a bad chin (at that point).

Comment

Great is probably too much. But I thought he had a decent chin then. Certainly, and I am sure everyone would agree, it came as a massive shock that Foreman knocked him out like he did.

I would say Moorer had a good chin at the time. I know he went down vs Cooper in a slugfest of proportions that reminded me of Holyfield-Cooper, but I wouldn't say he had a bad chin (at that point).
                Moorer's chin was untested for the most part going into the foreman fight..

He beat a lot of lower caliber fighters at light heavy and was never tested there. And at heavy up to this point hadn't really been tested except for the holyfield fight where evander dropped him early...

Moorer wasn't thoughht of as a glass chin fighter, going into the foreman fight, but his chin was not proven either... Looking back after stoppage losses to george, evander 2, tua,, it's safe to say he was chinny, but going into the foreman fight he really only been tested by evander and got dropped.. So no one thought he was iron chinned and could take foremans shots, but people didn't think he was fragile either.. If tommy Morrison was able to last with george and beat him, the consensus was moorer could do the same..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Moorer's chin was untested for the most part going into the foreman fight..

He beat a lot of lower caliber fighters at light heavy and was never tested there. And at heavy up to this point hadn't really been tested except for the holyfield fight where evander dropped him early...

Moorer wasn't thoughht of as a glass chin fighter, going into the foreman fight, but his chin was not proven either... Looking back after stoppage losses to george, evander 2, tua,, it's safe to say he was chinny, but going into the foreman fight he really only been tested by evander and got dropped.. So no one thought he was iron chinned and could take foremans shots, but people didn't think he was fragile either.. If tommy Morrison was able to last with george and beat him, the consensus was moorer could do the same..
                  I wouldn't necessarily agree. Bert Cooper could crack hard man, and Moorer slugged it out with him. Alex Stewart was a hard puncher too, if I'm not mistaken he messed up Foreman's face real good also - and of course Holyfield - the greatest heavyweight of his time. I think it's fair to say that Moorer was looked at as an established heavyweight with no chin problems.

but yeah, going forward that might have changed, but I'm talking going into the fight. Obviously, I'm not claiming he had a cast iron chin. but I don't think there was anything wrong with it even if he did get dropped before. He always got up and won.

Comment

vote Larry and recieve 1 Quadillion points..pm me after voting for payment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=660650

Comment

We ain't got to look too far back. Froch vs Groves 1 being a great example. Froch ate Groves punches even though he got caught cold (James Kirkland style) first round. For a good 8 rounds he ate powerful bombs and I think his chin broke Groves spirit because st.Groves threw the kitchen sink at him and came up short.

By the way I'm not saying Groves has scary power, how ever for any human to put Froch on his bottom respect must be given.

Comment

Working...
                      X