Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Democrat or Republican, we should all agree on this...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    ....it is frightening how much money we are spending. We are already broke..

In addition to the stimulus bill, the President is pushing for another 275 billion for a housing bailout and 634 billion for Medicaid over ten years. There is also more spending on the table.

This spending is "justified" by rosy economic outlooks by the administration.

If the economy doesn't come back strong soon, we will see the United States fall into debt that we can't pay back.

The president rolled out his tax plan upping top tax bracket from 35 to 40 percent. The top 1% will see an increase of almost 20% to the taxes they pay now. With their assets shrinking, what makes you think the people who pay the most in taxes will start spending/investing their money? If you start to eliminate the rich, the taxable revenue decreases, and less money is available.

We are fu.cked if the economy doesn't come back strong in 2010. Talk about gambling with our country's fiscal future.
    Its not just that. When you increase the taxes on the rich, they start finding creative ways to evade them. Deferred income plans, offshore accounts, all that stuff. Not only will the government not get the money, they will effectively remove it from circulation in the economy.

Comment

We should close down all the Friendly's, Cracker Barrels, Golden Corrals, and all those other **** holes and take their profits and throw them to our debt.

Although we would probally get 150 bucks for it.

Comment

Dude hasn't even been a president for 2 months. Calm the fu.ck down and see what's going to happen.

Comment

I just don't understand why we keep spending more and more and more and more when we are already ****ed up...

Hopefully Obama can keep the promise of cutting the debt in half by 2012....

Does any Obama supporter doubt that?

I'm sorta in the middle though I did vote for Barrack.. i thought he was better than mcCain.. plus I have some personal reason not to state.. and no not because he is black.

Though of course anyone who denies that being even remotely the cause is fibbing because it was obviously thrusted into everyone faces repeatedly, not saying it was bad but of course you felt some way negative or positive.. and most positive..

Vers is right though... maybe i shouldnt have started that other thread... its a lil early.

Comment

1 month of obama's inaguration, and people r already talking :smh:.

Comment

Originally posted by Flames Of War View Post
              1 month of obama's inaguration, and people r already talking :smh:.
              I know, just couldn't wait. He could step on a rock and trip and ppl would say he's not fit to be a president.ahaha

Comment

Working...
              X