Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dmitry Chudinov-Chris Eubank Jr. in Play For 2/28

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to get rid of his dad, goto America and train with someone like Hunter, he can tune him into a tremendous fighter. Garcia's gym may just be abit too ghetto for young Chris.

Comment

Chudinov/Neilson was the worst fight I've seen this year, while Chud is slow and basic he's strong and Eubank does walk forward with his hands down looking for homeruns though his speed could be too much of a advantage.

This isn't a softie comeback fight but winnable w/o some concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by BS BadBoy View Post
        He needs to get rid of his dad, goto America and train with someone like Hunter, he can tune him into a tremendous fighter. Garcia's gym may just be abit too ghetto for young Chris.
        He needs to listen to his trainer. His dad bears no relevance to that.

Now that he's been handed a defeat that was almost self inflicted (stood off BJS for 5 rounds but once he went after Billy Joe it turned into his fight and he had Billy reeling in the final round) perhaps he'll be more inclined to respect Ronnie Davis' knowledge of the game.

It's interesting that after 4 rounds it was no longer Eubank Sr giving the pep talk inbetween rounds, and that after the halfway mark it seemed Eubank Jr was prepared to listen.

He will have learned more from that fight with BJS than all his other fights put together. Perhaps now he'll learn to put his punches together to set up the big ones rather than just wing in 1 big shot at a time - any top class fighter will make it hard for Eubank Jr to land anything if he continues that way.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Chudinov is nothing but a basic, slow fighter.

Eubank should school him rather easily.
          Eubank giving anyone a boxing lesson seems far-fetched. Granted, I've only seen him fight once, but he didn't show a high boxing IQ against BJS. Frankly, he looked like crap but I'll definitely watch Chudinov/Eubank.

Comment

Good comeback fight for Eubank Jr. I thought he was robbed against Billy Joe Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by BS BadBoy View Post
              This seems to be a popular opinion to voice, but I don't understand it. He's got where he is under his father's tutelage - he lost by a whisker (some, including myself, had him nicking the fight) to Billy Joe, in a fight for three titles: that's not bad going. Consider the primary reason he lost was because of a terribly slow start - which is more down to inexperience AND, of course, a quick start by Saunders himself, who is a capable, well-schooled boxer - and it's not a stretch to see him progressing well over the next 12-18 months. Eubank Jr is almost like a pantomime villain - lots of people love to hate him - but you can't just make him a scapegoat for any of Jr's shortcomings.

Senior has instilled in his son a confidence you don't see in a lot of young fighters, he's given him a tremendous work ethic and gifted him, genetically, with a terrific engine. Sure, he's not the best cornerman, but Ronnie Davies is the trainer after all - and a good one. If anything, Eubank Snr should let Davies take a firmer hand, but his input, I'm sure, has a lot of merit.

Comment

I don't know through what kind of glasses some of you watch Eubank Jr.
                He's just a very raw boxer with average power and mediocre speed, you guys are ridiculous.

Comment

Good action fight. Not sure who wins. But I know it's going to be very violent. These guys aren't exactly slick.

Comment

Wow, I'm a bit surprised by Eubank going right after another top 25 MW. I was expecting O'Sullivan or Blackwell. Chudinov will make it an up close and ugly fight like BJS did, and while he has slower hands, less movement and is conventional, he hits harder and won't gas out after 6 rounds.

Hyrunov had been trying to make a fight with Danny Jacobs for months now, given Dmitry is the mandatory to Jacobs, but Haymon evidently didn't want the fight. Hopefully Hyrunov brings in a ref that will be fair to his man and not give a damn British stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                    X