Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a couple of months now. Can we be honest?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a boring fight, but I was intrigued at the same time because I never gave Fury a realistic shot going into the fight.

Comment

Tysons/Wlad wasn't billed as fight of the century. Fury can afford to have a boring fight, he's had some great ones.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
        Fury-Klitschko was more boring than Mayweather-Pac. The only reason people liked this fight is because Fury won. If Pacquiao had won and the fight went the same way people would not be calling it boring. I understand Fury made history but that was one of the worse fights of last year.That fight was only slightly better than Rigodeaux-Fransisco. That fight was horrible. Post a highlight video of the fight if you think I'm wrong.
        I have never seen anyone praise the fight for it's boxing lol

Comment

No, a HW fight for a title is never boring. There will never be a more boring fight than Mayweather-Pac. Ever. Stop trying to make the Fury fight the new May/Pac. We will never forget how boring May/Pac was regardless of how many more boring fights after it there have been. Why? For the simple reason that it was supposed to be this generations "Fight of the Century" and it bombed. It will at least be remembered for a hundred years. Nothing round that. He had his chance to put on a good fight against Pacquiao but he had to protect his oh so precious 49-0 so went for a decision, then he had the chance to face a credible challenger and instead chose someone safe for his last fight. Oh, but he's 49-0...**** off with that **** already. Now he's making all this noise with his desperate sound bites online and in the press because he's realising no one remembers his boring-ass. What's there to remember? Your ****ty always winning by decision snoozefests? What did you leave us to remember you with and now you want attention. Go shove your 49-0 up your ****-supporting ass. ******.

Comment

In some ways I can agree but Mayweather vs Pacquiao was hyped up to be the Fight of The Century and turned into a stinker partly due to all those years of pre-fight hype. There were however some interesting moments in the fight which stand out, like Floyd backing Pacquiao up with that punishing hook a few times in a row, and Pacquiao backing Mayweather up to the ropes unleashing a succession of punches as Floyd covered up.

Fury vs Klitschko didn't really have many memorable offensive moments. Fury clowned Klitschko with his hands down a few times, sticking out his chin, which were great moments but not enough to save the fight from being even more of a stinker than Mayweather vs Pacquiao if compared side-by-side with no knowledge of who the fighters are and what the fights were about etc..

I mean if you played those fights to someone who knew nothing at all about boxing, they'd probably find MayPac slightly more entertaining than Fury-Wlad. But just slightly.

Comment

Couple months lol. People were saying that a couple minutes after the fight. F#ck...people were saying it was ****ty a couple rounds into the fight. It was not pretty I can & have been saying since fight night even as a fan of Fury & a cat respectful of Klitschko's accomplishments. I often refer to it as Fury outboring Klitschko or Fury beating Klitschko at his own boringness game.

Thing is Fury did what he had to do & I respect that in the same way I respect anyone making strategic decisions in the ring to win a fight over just trying to entertain, I mean the main goal in boxing should be to win like it is in most sports over being entertaining, but losing. To me thats the sport at work over the entertainment aspect of fights. I think the entertainment value of boxing is too concentrated &/or overvalued these days over the actual sport of boxing all the while people not realizing that this focus fans seem to have now have put many of the same things they ***** about (Caneloweight, Khan getting a MW title fight, Floyd & Manny catchweights, undeserving name guys getting title shots over contenders deserving of title shots, etc & so on) at the forefront of the sport cuz people demand entertaining boxing over the competitive boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
                No, a HW fight for a title is never boring. There will never be a more boring fight than Mayweather-Pac. Ever. Stop trying to make the Fury fight the new May/Pac.
                LOL stop it. A HW fight for a title CAN be boring. And this fight was. There is no debate to have. Did it seem less boring at the time due to the implications? Sure. Its "the HW title" & Klitschko has been the champion for a long ass time. Still doesn't change the fact the fight was garbage & is arguably the most boring HW title fight in quite some time, like decades, if not ever.

And one boring fight don't make Fury the most boring boxer in the world. Usually Fury has been fun to watch. This fight to me was about winning over all else. The stakes were the highest they've ever been for Fury. He brought his A just box smart, make zero mistakes game, which he hasn't always brought.

Comment

Apart from the singing at the end of the Fury-Klit fight there was no actual highlights to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                    Dollar for dollar Manny vs Floyd was worst, $100 for that ****. I paid no extra money to watch that bore fest that was Wlad vs Fury.
                    That's because your horse lost the race. If your guy won you would be singing a different tune.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      i honestly didn't think watching boxing could be any more boring than fury v chisora 2.
                      i was wrong.
                      You obviously never saw Chisora vs Fury 1.

Comment

Working...
                      X