Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brits: Should Barker have been counted out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice View Post
    I imagine he saved britians night as well after the earlier disaster
    The situation in the Chisora fight was in my opinion bad riffing, even though I think Chisora would've won even if he'd beat that count.

Tonight was no controversy, so no need to make a fuss of it.

Barker clearly beat the count, not even worth discussing it really.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      The difference is the ref didn't make a bad call tonight,in the Chisora fight he did-i'm a brit,just telling how it is
      That's what I meant to say ^^^^^ but pissed soz.

Comment

Barker is a monster, I understand your fear.........

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Barker is a monster, I understand your fear.........

Barker is average at best.

Comment

If this fight was in the UK, Barker would've been counted out by Terry O Connor. Malik wasn't as hurt as Barker.

Anyway. Congratulations to Barker

Comment

No, neither man should have been counted out.

Scott was fit to continue, he was just making the most of the count and tryna kill some time off the round, He had his eye on the ref and assumed it would continue, unfortunate what happened.

and well, Barker was up on his feet at 9, so I dunno what the rules are but surely 10 count means 10, if someone gets up at 9 and doesn't know which corner is his and can barely stand then yes, they should be counted out for their own safety, but both examples here the fighters still had their legs
              Last edited by MPX309; 08-18-2013, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnarok
                Ref in the fight tonight was fair, Barker was up before 10... Keep in mind, neither Geale nor Barker were from the same country as he is, so he had no reason to favor one or the other boxer.

Ref in the Scott-Chisora fight was not fair, Scott should have been allowed to continue because he was up at the count of 9 and wasn't at all seriously hurt... clearly a bad stoppage
                Totally agree.

Del Boy would still have won IMO, but still bad reffing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  But a lot of you defended the ref stoppage in Chisora vs. Malik Scott. What was the difference between what happened there and what happened when Barker got up at the count of 9 tonight?
                  A competent ref.

Comment

I was shocked he didn't stop it he looked done. Any other Ref would have. But I'm glass he didn't as Barker really came back from a brutal shot

Comment

I thought Barker got up at the count of eight, Malik Scott was dropped at 9:58 (of the video) and didn't attempt to get up until 10:10 (it's actually about 12 seconds, the ref wasn't counting fast). Instead of saying the number ten the ref just waved his hands at the point he would have said '10.' I thought Malik wasn't even fully up on his feet when the ref waved it off (at 10). Besides, Malik was well on his way to getting a possible career ending beating, he was lucky the ref stopped it when he did.

People need to stop pretending this was a controversial call, Malik Scott was overrated as fu.k and if he and Chisora fought again he'd catch an even worse whooping.

Comment

Working...
                      X