No announcement yet.

Doc Rivers to the Clippers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    Develop his offensive game, specifically a post game and get back to rebouding like did when he was a rookie. I think Blake is the key to how far the Clippers go.

Offensively really isn't the biggest problem with Blake..He should actually start to focus a little more of defense.

Quick question though. Is KG going to the Clippers with Doc or was/is it Doc Rivers alone? If KG goes, I wonder what the Clippers will do about going after D12, even if it involves sending Blake Griffin in a sign-and-trade

Comment

Clips aren't trading for D12. Lakers aren't interested from what I understand, and the Clips would be insane to trade for that drama queen. Plus D12 has a questionable back.

Marc Stein says NBA would block a Clips/Boston Trade that involves DJ and KG. I don't know why. I think it's a good trade, especially if Clips can still keep Bledsoe. Apparently, Doc rivers wants to coach both of them (bled/CP3) and was a reason (of many) why he wanted to go to Clips.

Comment

KG wasn't included. Idk if they made an agreement on the side or not tho.

I'm kinda reserved about a D12 deal to the Clippers now. Before it was whatever. Now that they have Doc. Don't really want to do it. Send D12 elswhere.

Comment

They'll need to do more to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
            Bottom line , does this move in ur opinion push them over the top to beat okc in a 7 game series with a healthy Westbrook ?
            I think it depends on Blake Griffin. If he's the same player, the Clips don't beat a healthy OKC imo. You can't depend on Deandre Jordan for much of anything. BG would need to dominate Ibaka. Chris can't carry the team by himself and the Durant is the best player in the series. I would also like to see the Clips upgrade the SG position. Billups or Green starting @ the 2 isn't good enough imo. Crawford should still come off the bench and do his thing. I've read that the Clips are looking into a Bledsoe for Afflalo trade. The Clips still need to improve their roster. The summer will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
              Offensively really isn't the biggest problem with Blake..He should actually start to focus a little more of defense.

Quick question though. Is KG going to the Clippers with Doc or was/is it Doc Rivers alone? If KG goes, I wonder what the Clippers will do about going after D12, even if it involves sending Blake Griffin in a sign-and-trade
              His defense has actually improved, although he's an average defender at best. I don't think he'll ever be a lock down defender. The Clippers tend to go through offensive droughts and they depend on Chris to bail them out. Just being a high fly act isn't good enough, in the playoffs the game slows down and those lobs aren't really available against good teams. Blake needs to be able to get on the block and score consistently. You can't have Paul and Crawford doing iso after iso and expect to win at the highest level. Blakes averaged 12+RPG as a rookie, this year he averaged around 8. Blake should be averaging 20 and 10. From what I've read, he and Chris don't really have any chemistry. Garnett was not included in the deal and from what I understand, it's unlikely that he comes. I'd be hesitant to trade for D-12.

Comment

I think it depends on Blake Griffin. If he's the same player, the Clips don't beat a healthy OKC imo. You can't depend on Deandre Jordan for much of anything. BG would need to dominate Ibaka. Chris can't carry the team by himself and the Durant is the best player in the series. I would also like to see the Clips upgrade the SG position. Billups or Green starting @ the 2 isn't good enough imo. Crawford should still come off the bench and do his thing. I've read that the Clips are looking into a Bledsoe for Afflalo trade. The Clips still need to improve their roster. The summer will be interesting.
                I disagree about Afflalo. What's the point of having 3-4 shooting guards? Unless we move Billups (who really should be backing up Chris Paul at this point), it's the same problem as last season and being overloaded at the 1, 2 & 3. There are two positions we REALLY need to improve: 3 and 5. Butler is not cutting it as a starter (Matt Barnes outplayed him most of the season) and DJ was non-existent in the playoffs. I've heard trade rumors of Bledsoe for Danny Granger. I'd rather do that trade and use Caron's expiring contract + DJ to get a a starting big man (KG) and a solid back-up big man, since Odom also left a lot to be desired.

Comment

This should solidify CP3's decision to return to LA. If Blake elevates his game, the Clippers are a legitimate title contender imo.
                  you mean if dwight elevates his game.

griffin and bledsoe are going to lake show.

pg - bledsoe
                  sg - kobe
                  sf - earl clark
                  pf - griffin
                  c - gasol

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    you mean if dwight elevates his game.

griffin and bledsoe are going to lake show.

pg - Nash
                    sg - Meeks
                    sf - Earl clark/Artest
                    pf - Odom
                    c - Gasol
                    Fixed it for you.

Kobe ain't coming back. He'll probably cross himself up again during PT and re-injure himself. The garden snake is dunzo.

Comment

Doc didn't want Bledsoe to be traded so maybe he'll use him at the 2 spot like bradley

Comment

Working...
                      X