Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

name me some rappers that dont rap about killing, drug dealing etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name me some rappers that dont rap about killing, drug dealing etc.

that are actually fun to listen to? i still listen to gangsta rap right now, but im in the slow process of trying to move away from it and find better kinds or rap. However, to move away from it, i'd had to find new rappers that dont talk about that stuff, and are fun to listen to. Otherwise, i'm going to keep putting drug dealing music in my car....lol

**not saying i want saint music. just music thats not all about killing/drug dealing etc.**

I dont mind swearing etc. just not peeling wigs, selling dope by the pounds lol

i'm not saying i dont like gangsta rap. because theres great songs(too many to name) that i obviously still like. but i have a feeling theres hip hop thats not about that stuff thats just as good. and im sure some of you like godzhand, meg, neils, gold mac etc. can guide me to it....atleast i hope

Comment

if your going to post youtube clips...dont embed them because i wont be able so see them that way or hear them. just post the link please.

Comment

Jeru the Damaja, Guru, Common, Afu Ra, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, KRS-ONE, Black Thought, Dead Prez, A Tribe Called Quest, Organized Konfusion, Poor Righteous Teachers. These are only a few.

Comment

hmm i would say some of the best that dont talk about that stuff are...

guru/gangstarr
          Rakim
          Common
          Nas

Im probably not the best person to answer this cause most of the rap i like thats not about violence is all old school but ill drop some names as if i was the game

tribe called quest
          big daddy kane
          slick rick
          biz markie
          MC Shan
          krs one
          de la soul

:krsone

Comment

gangstarr kind of does though. i should get into to Rakim's music. he'd be good for me.

thanks to both of you for the early replies. im going to check some of those names out as time goes on.

Comment

i could see myself becoming a big Rakim fan soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth View Post
                gangstarr kind of does though. i should get into to Rakim's music. he'd be good for me.
                Listen to GangStarr's Moment of Truth album, there is not one song about violence or drugs or anything and its one of the best albums ive ever heard. As for Rakim, do it now my brother, in my opinion the greatest rapper that ever lived, download 18th letter now lol peace

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Listen to GangStarr's Moment of Truth album, there is not one song about violence or drugs or anything and its one of the best albums ive ever heard. As for Rakim, do it now my brother, in my opinion the greatest rapper that ever lived, download 18th letter now lol peace
                  its not even so much violence that i want to try to avoid. i dont mind someone saying i knocked him the **** out or something like that.

but its the killing stuff and the drug dealing. i just want to find a different kind of hip hop. cuz i love hip hop the art form. thanks, ill probably buy atleast one rakim cd tommorow before work. and maybe i'll pick up that gangstarr album if they have it.

Comment

I agree with you, i personally like the positive and poetic hip hop. Yeah no doubt definitely get Moment of Truth if its there. No problem homie its all love.

Comment

Working...
                    X