No announcement yet.

Water Filled Heavy Bag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Filled Heavy Bag

I've been thinking about getting a water filled heavy bag since I tore my other heavy bag. Can anyone give me any valuable advice on this, any advantages or drawbacks to it, or if it's just a horrible idea alltogether? Thank You.

We have two of them down at my gym. One real big one and another that is about half the size. They are the most used bags in the gym. I like them alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
      We have two of them down at my gym. One real big one and another that is about half the size. They are the most used bags in the gym. I like them alot.

I read that there isn't very much movement with a water filled heavy bag. Does that bother you when you use it?

Comment

They don't move alot no. I like it better. If I wanted to hit a moving target I would work the double end bag.

The bags are very nice.

Comment

I imagine if they broke that would probably suck. BUt I heard they are less stressful on the joints and hands when you hit them

Comment

That is true about being less stressfull. We have had the two bag for a long ass time now. We got them when they first had come out, and they havent leaked or anything once.

Comment

My friend used to have one and I didn't like them very much, I felt like I was punching a water bed. I kinda like the heavyness and sway of a regular heavy bag.

Comment

Originally posted by Rane-Ex54 View Post
                My friend used to have one and I didn't like them very much, I felt like I was punching a water bed. I kinda like the heavyness and sway of a regular heavy bag.
                thats ****!!!! those bags are great, and are not like a water bed moron...them look like any other heavy bag, but , like has been said, less stressfull. also the most used heavy bags at my gym...

Comment

Originally posted by Roque_sevilla View Post
                  thats ****!!!! those bags are great, and are not like a water bed moron...them look like any other heavy bag, but , like has been said, less stressfull. also the most used heavy bags at my gym...
                  haha, everyone has there own opinion. I didn't say they look different. I said they feel different, like a hitting waterbed shaped as a bag. When I used it, I felt like I wasn't getting a great workout. I like the strength and resistance of a real heavy bag. I'm not dogging a water bag, I just prefer a regular one.

Comment

Alright thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go water filled on this one.

Comment

Working...
                    X