Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Jackson is the biggest act in history p4p.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
    I don't think Michael Jackson's music was good enough to stand the test of time.

Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zep, The Who - even ABBA - are already basically immortal, and deservedly so. The cream always rises to the top. It remains to be seen whether the performer of songs like 'Human Nature' 'PYT' 'Man in the Mirror' 'Dirty Diana' 'Remember the Time' 'She's Out of my Life' etc. will be as highly regarded by future fans.

Personally, I would switch radio stations if any of these tunes came on.
    I think it's safe to say they have passed the test of time 20 years later..
    Jackson's prime was in the 80's and his music is still played on the radio today.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
      I don't think Michael Jackson's music was good enough to stand the test of time.

Elvis, The Beatles, Led Zep, The Who - even ABBA - are already basically immortal, and deservedly so. The cream always rises to the top. It remains to be seen whether the performer of songs like 'Human Nature' 'PYT' 'Man in the Mirror' 'Dirty Diana' 'Remember the Time' 'She's Out of my Life' etc. will be as highly regarded by future fans.

Personally, I would switch radio stations if any of these tunes came on.
      As I said, his legendary status was pretty much a settled matter before he screwed up his life. Mccartney and plenty of other pretty big names in music have payed him massive repects

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
        No, no he is not. He's a ****in weirdo child molester.
        lol Don't mind him Reedickyluss, he is of the Britney Spears generation and dosen't know his history.
        Last edited by res; 03-09-2009, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by plate View Post
          i don't think michael jackson's music was good enough to stand the test of time.

Elvis, the beatles, led zep, the who - even abba - are already basically immortal, and deservedly so. The cream always rises to the top. It remains to be seen whether the performer of songs like 'human nature' 'pyt' 'man in the mirror' 'dirty diana' 'remember the time' 'she's out of my life' etc. Will be as highly regarded by future fans.

Personally, i would switch radio stations if any of these tunes came on.
          hahahaha! Abba?!

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
            hahahaha! Abba?!
            LOL

Those suckas will NEVER die. Their rabid fans will still be singing their praises 200 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
              It's the truth.
              Fuck You.

MJ is a legend and was way ahead of his time.

/thread haters
              Last edited by Grand Champ; 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

lol Don't mind him Reedickyluss, he is of the Britney Spears generation and dosen't know his history.
                My age is clearly listed under my avatar and I'm older than reed.

I never said anything about his music, I said he is not "the man". I would never refer to that sad little man as "the man." He had some great music (not really my style) and I respect that but I won't simply overlook all of the child molestation accusations because he made good music.

Comment

Why even talk about this child molesting freak show

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
                    My age is clearly listed under my avatar and I'm older than reed.

I never said anything about his music, I said he is not "the man". I would never refer to that sad little man as "the man." He had some great music (not really my style) and I respect that but I won't simply overlook all of the child molestation accusations because he made good music.
                    I think it is rather obvious that by "Mike is the Man" Reedickyluss was referring to his status as a musician and entertainer, especially considering the entire subject of the thread. Note that everyone else's earlier objections had to do with his music.

I guess Reed is younger than you but he does have historical perspective. He dosen't just have an out of context Pavlovian response to the name "Michael Jackson", and scream "accusations of molestation", simply because that is all he is old enough to personally remember from the media coverage of his time.
                    Last edited by res; 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I think it is rather obvious that by "Mike is the Man" Reedickyluss was referring to his status as a musician and entertainer, especially considering the entire subject of the thread. Note that everyone else's earlier objections had to do with his music.

I guess Reed is younger than you but he does have historical perspective. He dosen't just have an out of context Pavlovian response to the name "Michael Jackson", and scream "accusations of molestation", simply because that is all he is old enough to personally remember from the media coverage of his time.
                      So you make the assumption that reed has historical prospective by him saying "mj is the man..." Okay....

If he had said "Mike WAS the man" I would have no objection. Why are you still accusing me of not realizing that he had a huge impact on music when I said just that in my last post? I didn't argue that his music was insignificant. I simply objected to reed calling him "the man" considering what he has become. I'm sorry if I insulted your childhood idle, maybe you're older than I and had more fond memories of MJ than I did. When I was a young child, none of that had happened yet but when it did it was really creepy seeing as though I was still quite young. I will admit, I don't have a favorable opinion of Michael Jackson but I recognize his impact on music. You might be right about me having a Pavlovian response to his name. I probably did take reed's comment out of context as well.
                      Last edited by Xyei; 03-10-2009, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X