Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garcia vs Berto-Ortiz winner; a good fight worth making or is it....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
    Well, whatever the case I still have my doubts about DSG. When he was in negotiations with Guerrero I said "I don't mind if he fights a Guerrero as long as he steps it up big time in his next fight." I don't know if I really consider Berto a big step up.
    It is what it is Al calls the shots.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
      Khan is the mando.
      Its up in the air. In February the WBC started looking for a new mandatory challenger. However, i've heard that a final decision may not come until Canelo KO's Khan. The Golovkin-Canelo debacle is seriously damaging the WBC's 'credibility' and 'image' (I know, but bear with me), so if Canelo obliterates Khan don't expect him to be mandatory.

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      Well, whatever the case I still have my doubts about DSG. When he was in negotiations with Guerrero I said "I don't mind if he fights a Guerrero as long as he steps it up big time in his next fight." I don't know if I really consider Berto a big step up.
      Berto is a step down from Guerrero. I didn't think that was up for debate. The PBC needs to distance itself from the reputation that it has for low-quality matchmaking... as we saw with Leo Cruz and Wilder for so long and we are still seeing with Stevenson, who will be facing the 4th consecutive sub-top 10 opponent. I don't think Garcia-Berto would be a wise move..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Its up in the air. In February the WBC started looking for a new mandatory challenger. However, i've heard that a final decision may not come until Canelo KO's Khan. The Golovkin-Canelo debacle is seriously damaging the WBC's 'credibility' and 'image' (I know, but bear with me), so if Canelo obliterates Khan don't expect him to be mandatory.

Berto is a step down from Guerrero. I didn't think that was up for debate. The PBC needs to distance itself from the reputation that it has for low-quality matchmaking... as we saw with Leo Cruz and Wilder for so long and we are still seeing with Stevenson, who will be facing the 4th consecutive sub-top 10 opponent. I don't think Garcia-Berto would be a wise move..
        Yup. If anything they should consider doing a Berto vs Guerrero rematch and if Berto wins it can put him back up on top, at least in the eyes of most fans. Garcia desperately needs to move on to bigger better things.

Comment

Garcia's career has been incredibly frustrating. He's a good talented kid but ever since his Matthysse fight all he's had is filled fights, which would be good stay active fights if every once in a while he was taking on another good solid fighter, but he always has those "meh, this will do for now fights". Berto is another meh fight.

Comment

Jessie Vargas and Errol Spence, Jr. Are better suited opponents in my judgement. Before tonight's fight, both Victor Ortiz and Andre Berto were coming off losses.

Vargas is more worthy in my judgement, for defeating the previously undefeated Sadam Ali and Errol Spence, Jr. Is worthy for stopping the never been KO before Chris Algieri.

Also, let's not forget the winner between Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter. This is just another obviously cowardly attempt, by Danny Swift to challenge and cherry pick another diminished, shop worn opponent, where he would be the heavy favorite because he is obviously ducking and avoiding those aforementioned guys.

With four losses on his record, Berto is not ready for an undefeated Danny Garcia.

Comment

Working...
            X