Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Manny Pacquiao have a successor from the Phillipines in the wings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont think so... It just wont happen
    Pac is one of a kind.... Special... Very Special

Comment

Originally posted by MtClimber View Post
      Here's my breakdown to this question based on the province where I live.

My province has:
      1) 7 cities
      2) 40+ islands
      3) 40+ towns
      4) each town has 10-40 barangays
      5) each barangay has 5+ sitios

Now:
      1) most of the sitios has its own small basketball court
      2) then the barangays has also its basketball court
      3) then the towns have a gym which is literally a basketball court
      4) no need to mention anymore the basketball courts in the cities, in schools, in some institutions, etc.
      5) billiard tables are now surpassing basketball courts too...

And this province has only 3 known boxing stables. So literally you only have three boxing gyms where boxers trains. There are other boxing gyms of course but it's just for fitness, not for boxers.

To answer the TS, NO, he has no successor. Maybe 50 or 100 or even 200 years from now. Teens & adults here will watch NBA or PBA rather than boxing.

Finding Michael Jordan (lol) or Willie Mosconi or Efren Reyes successor is easier than finding MP successor.

Also, the "Philippines has stop when Manny fights" is exaggerated IMO. NBA or PBA finals here are as popular as Manny fighting. It just happens that Manny fights on Sundays, that's why they said "stop" because it's a rest day.
      Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      there's one young undefeated prospect from the philippines named jun doliguez..he's fighting tomorrow in mexico. has good power, very aggressive, southpaw, decent defense, knows how to cut off the ring pretty good...not sure about his stamina or how well his chin is and he tends to get a little wild with his punches.

but he seems to be getting some decent hype and he just signed with zanfer promotions...

there are also the young penalosa brothers..both have good skill and big punching power...
      Where's the hype for this guy!

Comment

Working...
      X