Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who has the best chance of beating ward at or around his weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who has the best chance of beating ward at or around his weight?

I know he'd be favored over everyone but who has at least the best chance to beat him. Id go with dirrell

The Matrix. Hes the perfect guy to beat a fighter like Ward. Fast, long, athletic, nice pop, good skills, can keep the distance.

Kind of like a poor mans Hopkins-Jones 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      The Matrix. Hes the perfect guy to beat a fighter like Ward. Fast, long, athletic, nice pop, good skills, can keep the distance.

Kind of like a poor mans Hopkins-Jones 1.
      Dirrell doesn't have the mental game. He'd be punked worse than Dawson.

The best fight for Ward from 68-75? My Guess? Gabe Campillo.

Comment

Why do yous guys tink dey neva fought? Somebody took dat payoff

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          Dirrell doesn't have the mental game. He'd be punked worse than Dawson.

The best fight for Ward from 68-75? My Guess? Gabe Campillo.
          Mental game? Based on what? Dirrell isnt soft at all. Hell no one from Flint, MI is soft. Hes Wards toughest fight. Campillo, God bless him isnt talented enough to beat a Kessler let alone an Andre Ward.

Comment

I wouldn't pick anyone over Ward, but in terms of the best chance of beating him...

Call me crazy, but how about Pascal. Just because he's so heavy handed and awkward. Maybe one big shot could really hurt Ward?

I thought Dirrell before i saw how Ward pressured Dawson. Dirrell wouldn't be able to deal with that.

Comment

I think Gabriel Campillo can possibly beat him at 175. Maybe.

Comment

Mental game? Based on what? Dirrell isnt soft at all. Hell no one from Flint, MI is soft. Hes Wards toughest fight. Campillo, God bless him isnt talented enough to beat a Kessler let alone an Andre Ward.
                He's mentally weak always has been this is obvious.

I agree with Campillo being an interesting fight. But to be honest, I don't think there's a fighter from 160-175 with a chance in hell. As far as I'm concerned there is no one that can beat him in or around his weight class.

I would say the best way to beat him is to just drowned him but he knows how to handle that. He's like Floyd in that he'll cut your work rate down and have you fighting at his pace before you even realized what happened....he's a truly special fighter.

Comment

both dirrells have skills n a style that could beat ward but, but i dont see it ward will adapt to both dirrells n take a win

Comment

Based on the way he starts slipping under pressure because his legs want to move faster than his body can handle. Didn't say he's soft. he's just not as mentally tough. He's a little like Judah: talent to kill for without the head to go with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X