Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened To Buddy McGirt - Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Happened To Buddy McGirt - Trainer?

10 years ago he was the future of the sport.

Where is he now?

He's been training fighters for past dozen years. He won two trainer of the year awards and has worked corners in major fights.
    Terrific fighter and has a very credible record with 80+ bouts. Ray

Comment

Last I remember, his fighters were on a losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Jury View Post
        Last I remember, his fighters were on a losing streak.
        Yea it seems like every time i see McGirt in the corner, his fighter ends up losing badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
          Yea it seems like every time i see McGirt in the corner, his fighter ends up losing badly.
          yea,,but you cant put it on the trainor in many cases. they can only help so much. he didn't always have the most favorable of matchups. I think he was a good trainor

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
            yea,,but you cant put it on the trainor in many cases. they can only help so much. he didn't always have the most favorable of matchups. I think he was a good trainor
            Yes quite often he has trained the underdog but over the last few years I can't think of anyone he has had success with.

Comment

Yeah its funny how guys are hot one minute and gone the next, but thats life I guess. He might have some success in the near future as I hear he will coach Ukrainian Amateur star Evgen Kytrov!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                He's been training fighters for past dozen years. He won two trainer of the year awards and has worked corners in major fights.
                Terrific fighter and has a very credible record with 80+ bouts. Ray
                73-6-1 (48 KOs).
                Christ, that's a decent record. I had no idea!

TBF, a lot of being a successful trainer is about having a great prospect. Where would freddie be without Manny?
                What advice was McGirt going to give Macklin against Golovkin? He was always going to get demolished.

Comment

"IM STOPPIN' IT BABY!!!".

Comment

He's been working with Isaac Chilemba over the last year or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X