No announcement yet.

FULL Eddie Hearn Interview on Gennady Golovkin vs Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FULL Eddie Hearn Interview on Gennady Golovkin vs Carl Froch

There's a certain poster going around the forum selectively quoting both Carl Froch and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, regarding a potential fight with Gennady Golovkin.

Here's a link to the FULL interview with Hearn: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/eddi...nady-golovkin/

Here are the FULL quotes on Golovkin:

"HAS too much been read into his comments about Gennady Golovkin?"

EH: He made those comments before the Groves rematch on a Facebook debate with [Sky’s] Adam Smith. A lot of those comments were off the cuff while he was playing mind games with Groves. We’ve since had a chat about Golovkin and Carl’s definitely aware of Golovkin’s power and ability, but the bottom line is, as we’ve been told from HBO, Froch-Golovkin is not pay-per-view so you can’t consider that as an option, but Froch-Chavez is pay-per-view.

People are telling me on Twitter that Froch-Golovkin is PPV, but the people who actually make the decisions at HBO are saying otherwise. What people have got to realise is, to the hardcore boxing fan, Golovkin is God at the moment, but outside of that, he’s not quite there yet. I’m sure in six months or a year, he probably will be. Then we can talk about that fight. If the deal was right, Froch would have absolutely no problems fighting Golovkin at all. But, there would have to be huge money on the table, and for that, it has to be a dual PPV.

"WERE you impressed with Golovkin?"

Yes I was. But if you break down his opponents there isn’t really anything on there. But no one had done that to Geale before and that was the impressive thing. Geale, and I don’t like to use the word quit because he’s brave to get in there in the first place, but he didn’t want to know once he’d got up. If you want to be critical of Golovkin you can break down his opponents and show they’re not absolute elite level. That’s not Golovkin’s fault because you have to pay an absolute fortune to get anyone to fight him. The problem you’ve got is there’s not enough money in the pot for the bigger names to fight him. He hasn’t got the commercial name to draw the casual fans yet. There is not 10million in the pot to tempt the likes of Cotto or Chavez to fight him, which is the sum they’d want for that kind of fight. It’s definitely a career-threatening fight. It’s all well and good the fans say make this fight, but it would be like me saying to you, ‘I’ve got this job for you, but you won’t get paid anywhere near what you should be, but everyone wants you to do it, so do it.’ You’d turn round and go ‘F*** off!’ Yes, Froch is financially comfortable, but that doesn’t mean he’ll get in the ring for less than he deserves, and that is a horrible, dangerous fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to give everyone the chance to read the FULL quotes rather than those being selectively pedalled around by certain desperate and pathetic Golovkin fantards.

Who cares about Eddie Hearn

Comment

Eddie Hearn is a clown. Doesn't he have a British superfight to work on.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        Who cares about Eddie Hearn
        Golovkin fantards apparently. They seem to be quoting him a lot. Only snippets of the interview though.

Comment

This bothers you a lot and all you did was create a thread to draw attention to it. Not a wise decision.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
            Eddie Hearn is a clown. Doesn't he have a British superfight to work on.
            Golovkin fanatics attacking Hearn now? Very weird and insecure fanbase.

Comment

How is Chavez vs Froch bigger than Golovkin vs Froch?

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
                This bothers you a lot and all you did was create a thread to draw attention to it. Not a wise decision.
                Bother me? I just think it's actually very sad. Who cuts out snippets of quotes from a promoter just to hype their favourite fighter? Lol..who does that?

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I always thought fans used in-ring accomplishments to hype fighters.

I guess when your favourite fighter doesn't have many worth mentioning, this is what you have to resort to.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
                  How is Chavez vs Froch bigger than Golovkin vs Froch?
                  It's pretty explicitly explained in the article and it's blatantly obvious.

Chavez Jr is a PPV fight. Golovkin isn't. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    There's a certain poster going around the forum selectively quoting both Carl Froch and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, regarding a potential fight with Gennady Golovkin.

Here's a link to the FULL interview with Hearn: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/eddi...nady-golovkin/

Here are the FULL quotes on Golovkin:

"HAS too much been read into his comments about Gennady Golovkin?"

EH: He made those comments before the Groves rematch on a Facebook debate with [Sky***8217;s] Adam Smith. A lot of those comments were off the cuff while he was playing mind games with Groves. We***8217;ve since had a chat about Golovkin and Carl***8217;s definitely aware of Golovkin***8217;s power and ability, but the bottom line is, as we***8217;ve been told from HBO, Froch-Golovkin is not pay-per-view so you can***8217;t consider that as an option, but Froch-Chavez is pay-per-view.

People are telling me on Twitter that Froch-Golovkin is PPV, but the people who actually make the decisions at HBO are saying otherwise. What people have got to realise is, to the hardcore boxing fan, Golovkin is God at the moment, but outside of that, he***8217;s not quite there yet. I***8217;m sure in six months or a year, he probably will be. Then we can talk about that fight. If the deal was right, Froch would have absolutely no problems fighting Golovkin at all. But, there would have to be huge money on the table, and for that, it has to be a dual PPV.

"WERE you impressed with Golovkin?"

Yes I was. But if you break down his opponents there isn***8217;t really anything on there. But no one had done that to Geale before and that was the impressive thing. Geale, and I don***8217;t like to use the word quit because he***8217;s brave to get in there in the first place, but he didn***8217;t want to know once he***8217;d got up. If you want to be critical of Golovkin you can break down his opponents and show they***8217;re not absolute elite level. That***8217;s not Golovkin***8217;s fault because you have to pay an absolute fortune to get anyone to fight him. The problem you***8217;ve got is there***8217;s not enough money in the pot for the bigger names to fight him. He hasn***8217;t got the commercial name to draw the casual fans yet. There is not 10million in the pot to tempt the likes of Cotto or Chavez to fight him, which is the sum they***8217;d want for that kind of fight. It***8217;s definitely a career-threatening fight. It***8217;s all well and good the fans say make this fight, but it would be like me saying to you, ***8216;I***8217;ve got this job for you, but you won***8217;t get paid anywhere near what you should be, but everyone wants you to do it, so do it.***8217; You***8217;d turn round and go ***8216;F*** off!***8217; Yes, Froch is financially comfortable, but that doesn***8217;t mean he***8217;ll get in the ring for less than he deserves, and that is a horrible, dangerous fight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted to give everyone the chance to read the FULL quotes rather than those being selectively pedalled around by certain desperate and pathetic Golovkin fantards.
                    But Chavez vs Froch would be at 4am in the morning, which would cripple the UK PPV numbers. Would it even be a PPV that time of day? Chavez Froch is not a massive PPV here, 400k buys would be great. And Chavez will get a MUCH bigger cut than GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X