No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on the...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Instead of complaining about people who work 70 hours a week to survive, how about getting pissed at these executives who do **** all getting millions of dollars. This is about distribution of wealth, the CEO of McDonald's doesn't need to make 8 million a year to delegate tasks. This makes our society better, we don't live in a bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
        a Big Mac meal is gonna run you around $15 bones or $20 if you want to super size
        NO.

McDonald's Menu price list 2014 Victoria Australia
        Big Mac $4.95

Australia minimum wage is $16/hr

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfFeint View Post
          you fail. this has been tried and tested a long time ago by fast food restaurants and it failed. somehow people buy more talking to a real person than clicking buttons on a vending machine.
          tried and tested long ago. yea because we all know technology is only getting worse. so much for that failure of a company called redbox.

lmmmfaaooo look at the philippines just slightly ahead of afghanistan lmfaaoooo

Comment

NO.

Big Mac $4.95

It's such a misconception that raising wages results in higher prices,it doesn't. The market won't allow fast food to get away with charging 15 bucks for a combo. They know noones going to pay that price for garbage when they can go get a steak and baked potato for the same price. If fast food raised their prices because they raised wages they'd go out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              Instead of complaining about people who work 70 hours a week to survive, how about getting pissed at these executives who do **** all getting millions of dollars. This is about distribution of wealth, the CEO of McDonald's doesn't need to make 8 million a year to delegate tasks. This makes our society better, we don't live in a bubble.
              Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              It's such a misconception that raising wages results in higher prices,it doesn't. The market won't allow fast food to get away with charging 15 bucks for a combo. They know noones going to pay that price for garbage when they can go get a steak and baked potato for the same price. If fast food raised their prices because they raised wages they'd go out of business.

Comment

Although I would agree with minimum wage raise, but a raise for fast food workers? That's different.

I'm sorry but regardless of how hard that job is (many low paying jobs are difficult, but they require no education hence they pay little)

Education costs money, hence people with education get paid more. It's a lot more difficult to study then to perform robotic tasks. Higher paying jobs usually carry a lot more responsibility.

I work in IT. If I do not do my job correctly, this week over a 100 people would not be able to do their work. Yes I sit in front of the computer all day, but if I stop educating myself on new technologies and don't continue training I will be of little value. I chose a profession where I will have to keep educating myself to the day I retire. Some days I sit on my ass and do nothing, but I'm getting paid for all the time I invested in my education. I'm getting paid to put out a fire because when that fire happens if I do not put it out tens of thousands of dollars are at stake.

A fast food worker can be trained in the mater of hours sometimes. High skill labour takes years.

A fast food worker can be replaced easily due to that short training period, as such there are exponentially more people that that worker can be replaced with, hence the low pay.

Most people are capable of flipping burgers with the exception of those with physical disabilities.

There are significantly fewer people capable of building a bridge.

Education is what leads to innovation and technological progress, that costs money. Science experiments cost money, engineering projects cost money, everything costs money hence the costs associated with education and the eventually payback that you get once you get a job that requires the skills that you acquired through education and training.

Should minimum wages be higher? Of course, but that should not be exclusive to those flipping burgers and frying chicken.

Bottom line is that fast food work is some of the simplest work there is, and should never be a career choice. Don't expect to get paid for about the simplest job on offer in the developed and developing world. Is it hard? Sure. But so can be sitting behind a computer your day and using your head...Because if you really want to keep going at it then everyone should get paid the same because you know its all hard in one way or the other...you know equally hard, just different kind of hard...but what incentive would there be to progress at that point?
                Last edited by Banderivets; 09-04-2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

NO.

Big Mac $4.95

this is the US of A son!

Comment

I'd be for it if I were to receive a proportionate increase to what I am making versus the minimum wage.

It's going to kill everything. Where do these ****ing idiots think the money is going to come from? Companies cutting their profit margins?

All goods and services will go up. So you can raise the minimum wage to $100/hr if you want. Once everything catches up to it, it won't make a difference.

Look at some of these people protesting on twitter. See them with their brand new Nike's...smartphones, nice clothes. I'm sure there are honest people, but there's also those idiots who aren't helping anything.

Comment

Replace workers with machines. These humans already **** up your order 50-75% the time at McDonalds.

If you want better pay, dont work at ****ty Fast Food like McD or BK. In-N-Out here takes care of its workers well.

Comment

Working...
                      X