Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look into Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez vs Paul 'The Punisher' Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm even at that stage, Paul's 9000 punches all round, every round vs Canelos 7. Yeah I actually think Canelos stamina problems and very low output would have just been overwhelmed by Williams. If he didn't knock Paul out (I think he is too slow to catch Paul any harder than someone like Margarito did and Paul took those well for the most part) then he simply gets out worked.

Comment

This is a winnable fight for prime Williams. I think Williams could win a lot of wins just by pure output. Canelo often goes with just one steady motor as I think he's afraid he's going to gas. He's a really young guy right now but I don't know how long he can fight at the 154 class.

I'm actually excited to see Canelo move up eventually as I think he could become even better if he doesn't have to worry about his stamina. He has some of the best combinations I've seen and he has pretty good handspeed as well.

In the end I would still bet on Canelo to win but it would be foolish to count out Williams.

Comment

No way Canelo wins a UD. P-Will would easily outwork him. Canelo is a big puncher though and could very well score a KO.

Comment

Paul Williams by KO. Too much volume and cardio.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

a prime Paul Williams out works the ginger... a past his prime Paul Williams probably loses

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. X View Post
              This is a winnable fight for prime Williams. I think Williams could win a lot of wins just by pure output. Canelo often goes with just one steady motor as I think he's afraid he's going to gas. He's a really young guy right now but I don't know how long he can fight at the 154 class.

I'm actually excited to see Canelo move up eventually as I think he could become even better if he doesn't have to worry about his stamina. He has some of the best combinations I've seen and he has pretty good handspeed as well.

In the end I would still bet on Canelo to win but it would be foolish to count out Williams.
              Canelo would struggle at MW. He's to short and he has stubby arms. Quillin would destroy him.

Comment

Working...
              X