Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryo Matsumoto Vs Denkaosan Kaovichit has just been added to Yaegashi/Gonzalez card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryo Matsumoto Vs Denkaosan Kaovichit has just been added to Yaegashi/Gonzalez card

Just moments ago Ohashi Gym announced, via twitter, that the unbeaten Ryo Matsumoto (11-0, 9) would be fighting former world champion Denkaosan Kaovichit (63-4-1, 26) in an 8 round bout on September 5th as part of the undercard for "The Fight".

The bout is a huge step up in class for the 20 year old Matsumoto and although many will feel that Denkaosan is a fighter on the slide it was only a few months ago that the Thai was fighting Kohei Kono for the WBA Super Flyweight world title. When you consider that the most notable win on Matsumoto's record came back in April against Hiroyuki Hisataka the step up is massive.

Age 37 Denkaosan is well known to Japanese fans, after all he has beaten Takefumi Sakata, the aforementioned Hisataka, Daiki Kameda and Nobuo Nashiro. Although he has, of course, also been held to a draw by Sakata and been beaten by bother Daiki Kameda and Kono.

The bout will be fought at a contract 53.5km, just shy of 118lbs and seems to signify that Matsumoto's future will belong at Bantamweight, a weight that is likely to suit him well given that he is a freakishly tall fighter for a man who had been campaigning at Super Flyweight.

From what we understand this bout will not be aired as part of the TV broadcast but hopefully footage of the contest will "leak" online soon after the card,.

As well as Matsumoto's opponent being named Ohahsi also announced that the world ranked Takuma Inoue (2-0) would be facing a Thai opponent. Sadly we've been unable to identify the Takuma's foe, though we hope to have his name and record in the next day or two.

These two bouts essentially top off a super card from Ohashi gym which is headlined by the WBC Flyweight dream fight between Akira Yaegashi (20-3, 10) and Roman Gonalez (39-0, 33) and is supported strongly by Naoya Inoue (6-0, 5) defending his WBC Light Flyweight title against Samartlek Kokietgym (17-4, 5) and Ryota Murata (4-0, 4) battling Mexican champion Adrian Luna Flores (17-2-1, 11).
    Source:
    http://www.asianboxing.info/asian-ne...d-of-the-fight

Great step up for Matsumoto, I like what I've seen of him.

Comment

Originally posted by fighting man View Post
      Great step up for Matsumoto, I like what I've seen of him.
      Not much of him available but what I have seen has been good, Takuma Inoue looks really talented too.

Comment

Working...
      X