No announcement yet.

More technically skilled - Donald Curry or Ricardo Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More technically skilled - Donald Curry or Ricardo Lopez

Who do you think was the more skilled textbook fighter in your opinion? Great admirer of both of them, who punched by the book, countered effectively, and had power in both hands.
    Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 08-22-2011, 02:28 PM.

Lopez threw looping punches at times. Curry's shots were drum-tight. But, Lopez's looping shots were by design and extremely effective.

Comment

Curry was more correct, Brilliant brilliant fighter for a time was Curry. Better than Lopez but he flopped in the end after a what, 3 year reign.....

Comment

Different styles but I would say Curry during his early days up to his first few title defenses. After that he picked up some bad habits.

Lopez in his earlier career was pretty tight too but he didn't mind a good war from time to time. I would say Lopez was able to maintain a higher skill level for a longer time.
        Last edited by TBear; 08-22-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Lopez for me.

I also class Lopez as the best EVER textbook boxer.

Comment

Bump.
            Just watched some of their fights again and I'm still mixed between the two. The one thing I noticed was that Lopez seems to be better at midrange and didn't have a lot of inside game while Curry was great on the inside.

Would have been nice if Curry had the chin, durability and mentality that Lopez possessed, then he would have been a complete fighter just like him.
            Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 09-01-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Bump. Some flawless performance by 2 elite textbook fighters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuymSM64vEA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrveIA838A

Comment

Lopez by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by TopVillain View Post
                  Lopez by a mile.

This proves you've never seen Curry.

Comment

Curry imo. At his best a beautifully balanced textbook fighter who could box and punch. I was convinced he was destined for greatness before hubris derailed him and he decided he could train and manage himself. Unwisely trying to stay at 147 when he was tight at the weight was the final straw.

Comment

Working...
                    X