Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Margarito vs Cotto rematch (Warning boxing will be discussed here)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Protagonista View Post
    This is a serious question. I'm not a Margarito hater and you can check my post history if you'd like. This is just an observation.

It's no secret that style wise Margarito was bad news for Cotto. After losses to Pacquiao and Margarito it's evident that Cotto doesn't do well against pressure fighters. My question is this:

Do you think Margarito will use the same strategy against Cotto that he used last time?

I ask because he took alot of punishment in his last fight with Cotto and took even more in the Mosley fight. If his chin is indeed cracked do you think he will use his usual style? It seems he was trying new things in his last fight with Garcia and I wonder if he's trying to change things up.

Obviously Cotto needs major adjustments to beat Margarito. He needs to learn to clinch and go to Margarito's body. Other than that he was boxing beautifully until he could no longer handle the pressure. However, do you think Mosley has made Margarito more cautious?
    cement or not, Margaritos style is all wrong for Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2010 View Post
      id rather clinch than have to take multiple knees like a *****
      What this guy says.

Comment

u try getting hit with casts for 11 rounds.. see how many knees u take....Not gonna hold anything against Margarito he has the style that gives Cotto all sorts of problems but lets not forget Margarito is damaged goods too

Comment

u wouldnt last a minute in a boxing ring

Comment

i think margarito will try to go with what worked for him the first time around. can he walk through cotto's best shots again? that fight will tell. cotto is a totally different fighter to me. not better; diffrent. he certainly hasn't looked as strong as he did since the mosley fight, and their are things he needs to do to correct his strategy as well; mainly jab more, clinch and counter margarito's right hands with left hooks to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by nflgenius10 View Post
              u try getting hit with casts for 11 rounds.. see how many knees u take....Not gonna hold anything against Margarito he has the style that gives Cotto all sorts of problems but lets not forget Margarito is damaged goods too
              you have no proof that he cheated against cotto
              quit crying

the rematch will tell us all we need to know

Comment

I think Cotto schools him for a decision ala the first half of their last fight. The secrets out Cotto just has to clinch sometimes instead of back peddling to get rest. Hell he could even clinch for a sec then step back and land something unexpected. Cotto has to go to the body as well(absent from the first fight) and with no plaster involved I dont see Margarito hurting Cotto and Busting him up as much

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  you have no proof that he cheated against cotto
                  quit crying

the rematch will tell us all we need to know
                  So you're telling me(we're using common sense now o.k.?) Margarito would use plaster for 37 yr old Mosley(who most thought was over the hill) but Not for an undefeated champ in his prime?.......

Comment

Cotto displayed some tactics in the Foreman fight that will help him...

A--His guard and overall his defense was tight. Foreman is fast and caught him with rights. He'll be able to see Margarito's right hands

B--Bring back the body attack. The Margarito fight is where he left that body attack...he needs it back...to stop that late round surge that Margarito is famous for. The body attacks will wear him down and take the zing out of the punches.

C--Standing upright. I barely remember Cotto leaning forward asking for uppercuts, which are his bane...if he keeps staying upright...he won't absorb the punishments.

D--Stick with Steward. Nuff' Said

Comment

Didnt get a chance to see Margarito's last fight to know if he got tested or not. Do you guys think that he will still have the iron chin thats gotten him this far? I've always heard that some people are easier to KO after they sustain the first KO. We all know Mosely taxed his chin alot during their fight, do you think Cotto will be able to hurt him now that Mosley has softened him up

Comment

Working...
                      X