Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Haye Too Disrespectful During Valuev Pre-Fight Buildup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Haye Too Disrespectful During Valuev Pre-Fight Buildup?

Some say Haye was too disrespectful to Valuev during the buildup, calling him a circus freak, ugliest face he's ever seen, the missing link etc.. It was all a calculated attempt to psychologically rile Valuev up before the fight in order to illicit mistakes in the ring but do you think Haye went too far?

I think that Haye was just taking a leaf out of Ali's book but, in these more politically correct times, it seems to have backfired to some degree.

its all publicity trust me
    i cant see valuev doing anything different in the ring,however much haye winds him up

Comment

Muhammed Ali was more good-natured and unless he was angry, most of what he said was intended to be funny.

However, David Haye really wants to hurt and degrade his opponents - it's not cool to ridicule someone's appearance to the degree the Gayemaker does. If he had just said "I should be champion because I'm better looking than Valuev" that would be better.

Comment

No. he told the truth, valuev is ugly and he most likely smells

Comment

everything haye has said is funny
          the guy sells the fight very well,its all a show too him,in and out of the ring
          he has literally been on every talk show etc on british Tv in the last two weeks talking about the fight,he loves it

Comment

I didn't like it at all.

I still want Haye to win but Valuev has done nothing to deserve that kind of pure venom. He himself has said that he is as God made him.

Saying that he 'stinks' and all of this kind of thing is just vitriolic cruelty which extends beyond a publicity stunt and can only cheapen the image of the 'Noble' art.
            Last edited by Cereal; 11-06-2009, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Valuevand his manager sure liked it, at least one of his fights will sell

Comment

Most of it was good natured and not malicious, basicly it's promotion and in a tongue in cheek British way.

Comment

Trash talking is part of the game, with that being said I think he did go alittle bit overboard with the comments about Valuevs appareance.

Comment

Working...
                  X