No announcement yet.

Floyd eyeing Brook vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    It has been revealed that Floyd Mayweather Jr will be sitting ringside for the Devon Alexander vs Kell Brook fight on Feb 23rd.

Mayweather Promotion's Ishe Smith and J'Leon Love are both in action on the undercard , but you can't help but feel that Mayweather might also be running his eye over Kell Brook.

If the Sheffield man is emphatic in victory, then it could pave the way for a big fight with the pound for pound number one; And Mayweather knows there is nothing more lucrative than an America vs Great Britain bout, after the 30,000 that descended on Las Vegas during the Ricky Hatton fight week.

Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions confirmed his attendance, during a telephone transcript released yesterday.

"On behalf of Floyd Mayweather and Mayweather Promotions, I want to thank everyone for coming out today and supporting this fight. Who doesn't know about the history of Detroit boxing and the champions who have come from here and the state including Floyd

"We're so excited to bring you this big event. Floyd will be here as he took a special interest in making this happen. Not just for our fighters, Ishe Smith and J'Leon Love, but for every fight fan and sports fan in and around the area.

"We want to thank the MGM too for supporting these efforts. We are looking forward to a great night and feel confident in the ability of our two guys."
    I don't think so, I think that wouldn't leave Mayweather enough time to properly promote the fight for May 5th, Mayweather gives it 3 months to promote a PPV event, even now he's cutting it fine.

On another note I can't see him fighting Devon, he has very little fan base or potential, I could see him giving Kell a shot simply because of the British fans!

Comment

Mayweather vs Alexander is the worst thing that could possibly happen to boxing

Comment

Easy

If it's an easy opponent, Floyd will fight. Always.

Comment

Bull $hlt, Floyd we all know you're fighting Guerrero

Comment

Very very unlikely Floyd would fight a non GB fighter. The more GB gets to keep in house, the more money Floyd gets too. A free agent like Cotto also works.

Also, Kell isn't a big enough name for Floyd to fight, imo. But you never know, I suppose. He'd be easy work for Floyd. Easier than Alexander. Someone like Kell is tailor made for Floyd, someone who has average speed, decent technique, little feet and head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              There's Floyd's September opponent
              Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Mayweather vs. Alexander might be the worst, most boring fight to be made in the entire sport. I'll be rooting for Brook now, just because of the possibility that Alexander would end up in a ring with Mayweather.
              Originally posted by moonshineman View Post
              If it's an easy opponent, Floyd will fight. Always.

Embarrassing.
              Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 02-01-2013, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Winner of this fight faces Berto, and winner of that fight gets floyd

Its clear as day

Comment

Thought of this thread after the statement this morning

Comment

Working...
                  X