No announcement yet.

how to improve punch resistance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to improve punch resistance

Is there any way or training I can do to improve my punch resistance? So I dont get dizzy when hit by strong punches.

if you have a glass jaw hit is hard to remedy,but if you just get staggered you may be out of shape,do some neck exercises and try to strengthen the jaw muscles,if this fails then you must be on the defensive at all times,keep your chin tucked in and double up on your jabs then at the right time boom throw your right and nail the guy right on the kisser

Comment

I dont know all i can think of issparr allot

Comment

run around in circles for aslong as you can without puking, compose yourself and repeat

think, astronaut training

Comment

I'm missing the joke.

Comment

get that neck worked out. you cant strengten your jaw. but do some neck bridges and neck lifts...make sure your neck is good and loose before any sparring.

oh and getting hit is not a way to build up resistance!

Comment

My problem is not getting hit in the jaw but rather on my ear side with hooks. hahaha What kind of neck exercises do you guys recommend for me?

Comment

how is your jaw have you recovered from being kayoed,give your self time to heal,every state has a mandatory wait period for a fighter who has been kayoed,so see how long you have to wait before you can resume,have you ever considered becoming a trainer,this way you wont have to keep getting pummeled

Comment

Originally posted by andalusian81 View Post
                  My problem is not getting hit in the jaw but rather on my ear side with hooks. hahaha What kind of neck exercises do you guys recommend for me?
                  neck bridges and neck lifts(you can get the gear to put on your head from rindside or title boxing)

tyson used to do A LOT of neck bridges.

Comment

strengthen your neck and have sound legs

when you get stung you gotta have strong legs or you will go down

Comment

Working...
                    X