No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr. Parting From Goossen, Eyes Robert Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    As previously reported, Promociones del Pueblo announced that former middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (48-2-1, 32KOs) would make his return on July 18th against Marcos Reyes (33-2, 24KOs).

After more than a year off, Chavez Jr. returned to the ring last month and was stopped by top light heavyweight contender Andrzej Fonfara in nine rounds. The fight with Reyes is going to take place at super middleweight. Chavez admitted after his last fight that a move to 175-pounds, after being a middleweight for most of his career, was a big mistake. [Click Here To Read More]
    I'd just like to see 1 guy lose and not blame the trainer, an injury, the flu, drinking to much cappuccino a tooth
    ache, ect, its never ending.

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
      He can have Angelo Dundee as his trainer and that wont make a difference if he is not dedicated.
      did angelo dundee ever even fight before? tired of all these wanna be trainers who have never been in the ring, Ive never played hockey can I go coach a team? Why is it only in boxing where you can be an "expert" without ever doing it?

Comment

This other lazy **** needs Anne Wolfe more then James Kirkland ever did, and I think there would be no better trainer for him then her.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
          Whatever so called "incident" that happened between Chavez Jr and Goossen was just and excuse to make Goossen the scapegoat.
          I wonder what the incident was?

Did Goosen put his foot down about the weed? About his diet? About the pink underwear???

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            He should go to Floyd sr. I know him and Floyd are friends. Maybe he can motivate him

The shoulder roll would take Chavez Jr's game to another level, make it happen boxing gods.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              If I was Garcia I would not even let that poison into my gym. He would infect the rest of the fighters with laziness.
              Fruit Loops and weed for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Jesus! View Post
                did angelo dundee ever even fight before? tired of all these wanna be trainers who have never been in the ring, Ive never played hockey can I go coach a team? Why is it only in boxing where you can be an "expert" without ever doing it?
                There's coaches at all high levels that didn't play major league or even in college. Doesn't mean you can't study it and teach it

Comment

The problem with Chavez Jr isn't the trainer situation, there was nothing wrong with Roach or Gossen. The problem was that Chavez Jr has The Chad Dawson syndrome, where he wants to be the boss and have his family around, and you can't do that, that means you are too comfortable in training camp when you shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    There's coaches at all high levels that didn't play major league or even in college. Doesn't mean you can't study it and teach it
                    ya it does you can study all you want you have no clue what its like to actually get in there so how you supposed to teach someone? name 1 high level coach in any other sport who never even played 1 real game their whole life

Comment

Working...
                    X