No announcement yet.

Breakdown how Ward wouldl beat Stevenson at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    stevenson would beat him easy. ward has the same problem floyd has. southpaws with good straight lefts get through his defense. ward already turned down a stevenson fight and a bute fight. see the pattern? good left hands. keep cherry picking those styles!
    Bute doesn't have a good left hand, he has a counter left uppercut that he usually goes to the body with but he doesn't lead with it well. Stevenson on the other hand does have a good left hand but the thing is that's about all he has.

Comment

I think Stevenson KOs Ward or bullies him for 12 rounds but each year that Ward postpones his move up to light heavy makes it more and more likely to get a decision against him. I'm glad Kovalev is only 30, since the time passing won't hurt him as much

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Bute doesn't have a good left hand, he has a counter left uppercut that he usually goes to the body with but he doesn't lead with it well. Stevenson on the other hand does have a good left hand but the thing is that's about all he has.
        ward didn't want to jump forward against a guy with a good counter left(bute). stevenson also has good movement, and good hand speed. a great left hand against a guy who's vulnerable to left hands? no thanks! yeah ward will fight right hand dominant southpaw dawson but these guys? not happening. maybe they should just make it illegal for left handed people to box? that would make floyd and ward very happy.

Comment

i don't think he does at all. i think stevenson hurts him bad.

Comment

ward didn't want to jump forward against a guy with a good counter left(bute). stevenson also has good movement, and good hand speed. a great left hand against a guy who's vulnerable to left hands? no thanks! yeah ward will fight right hand dominant southpaw dawson but these guys? not happening. maybe they should just make it illegal for left handed people to box? that would make floyd and ward very happy.
            Bute squares up though, Ward dips low when he gets inside, he ain't easy to catch at all. How was Bute ever gonna get Ward off of him when he doesn't move around either? Ward has exceptionally fast feet when he moves forward. I don't see how a fighter who hasn't shown many dimensions offensively will keep Ward off of him, Stevenson ain't it.

Comment

I think Stevenson will only be a slight dog vs Ward. I have been impressed with Stevenson's growth. He is taking a sort of Manny Pacquiao like growth.

I remember when I first Stevenson I didn't think he was all that great but then something clicked in him. He's been getting better every fight.

Stevenson is just so good at firing his left hand going backwards or forward. I would still probably pick Ward but I wouldn't be too confident.

I think Kovalev would KO Stevenson though.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                Bute squares up though, Ward dips low when he gets inside, he ain't easy to catch at all. How was Bute ever gonna get Ward off of him when he doesn't move around either? Ward has exceptionally fast feet when he moves forward. I don't see how a fighter who hasn't shown many dimensions offensively will keep Ward off of him, Stevenson ain't it.
                stevenson prob has the best straight left in boxing. its fast, powerful, and accurate. he can throw it straight, loop it, or uppercut. he doesn't need any other dimensions when that dimension is so good. he also has good foot speed. he's not gonna just stand there and let ward hug him. he's going to make ward pay for coming forward. ward's gonna be weary of jumping in like he does because of how powerful and acccurate that left hand counter is. even on the inside ward would prob have problems because he's not used to fighting left hand dominant southpaws. his entire shoulder-roll style is based on neutralizing righties. basically worst style ever for him. he's better off starting a petition "ban all left handed people from boxing" then fighting stevenson.

Comment

Ward's not losing to someone as limited as Stevenson.

Comment

stevenson would beat him easy. ward has the same problem floyd has. southpaws with good straight lefts get through his defense. ward already turned down a stevenson fight and a bute fight. see the pattern? good left hands. keep cherry picking those styles!
                    What do you base this on?

Comment

Ward has no chance at 175. Adonis is too big and carries too much power at that weight. 168 is a different story. See Dawson, Chad.

Comment

Working...
                      X