No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
    I don't give a **** about Pacquiao-Mayweather, Arum said that Marquez gets Pacquiao next! If Marquez can comfortably make 140 and I know that Pacquiao can get back down, this should be good.
    No chance that Pacquiao will move down to 140. If JMM wants him again he'll have to fight at welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      No chance that Pacquiao will move down to 140. If JMM wants him again he'll have to fight at welterweight.
      A nuthugger can dream, right? And Pacquiao SHOULD be willing to go down. He won't be but he should. He's never weighed in higher than 145 and has never weighed more than 150 on fight night.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
        A nuthugger can dream, right? And Pacquiao SHOULD be willing to go down. He won't be but he should. He's never weighed in higher than 145 and has never weighed more than 150 on fight night.
        What annoys me is they go on about having to feed him protien shakes and stuff for him to do WW but u just KNOW he will Not be fighting Marquez at 140 which would be fair as JMM would have to move up one and Manny down one. At WW Marquez gets steamrolled imho.

I think Floyd has the beating of Manny but does he? Mayweather is ruining his legacy with this, if im him i make the fight asap before his legs get any older and thats with tests or not, if the Pac man we have been seeing is on peds (not saying he is.) then i STILL like Floyd to win

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          What annoys me is they go on about having to feed him protien shakes and stuff for him to do WW but u just KNOW he will Not be fighting Marquez at 140 which would be fair as JMM would have to move up one and Manny down one. At WW Marquez gets steamrolled imho.

I think Floyd has the beating of Manny but does he? Mayweather is ruining his legacy with this, if im him i make the fight asap before his legs get any older and thats with tests or not, if the Pac man we have been seeing is on peds (not saying he is.) then i STILL like Floyd to win
          He gets steamrolled at 140 too IMO. Until I can see he can compete there thats how I feel. Taking the risk of moving up and fighting an elite fighter isn't worth the risk if he recieves the beating I expect he would at 140.

I disagree that he's ruining his legacy with this but hey that's just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He gets steamrolled at 140 too IMO. Until I can see he can compete there thats how I feel. Taking the risk of moving up and fighting an elite fighter isn't worth the risk if he recieves the beating I expect he would at 140.

I disagree that he's ruining his legacy with this but hey that's just my opinion.
            I don't think so, now that I think about it. At 140, Marquez would probably come in at 137 or so. He learned his lesson from the Floyd fight. Well that's fine, that's where he's used to fighting. For their second fight, Pacquiao came in the ring weighing, guess what, 145. He hasn't gotten bigger, he's just stopped cutting weight. It'd be just about the same fight as it was in 2008. Pacquiao hasn't really improved much since their last fight, either, he just hasn't faced anyone quite as good as Marquez since. I really do think that this fight can happen and the more I think about it, the better I like Marquez's chances. And I'm trying to take my feelings out of this.

Comment

Manny might lay him out at 140 too but at least its more likely to be competetive there. Pac is a freak the way he is moving through the weights, Marquez is a true great in my eyes but he's not a freak like Pac so the higher the weight the less i like his odds.

I really do think its hurting Floyds legacy, think how many young fans there are now that know nothing of Floyds great work down in weight. I honestly feel rightly or wrongly history will remember Floyd for ducking the big fight with Pacquaio more than the other way around and it Will hurt his legacy.

Comment

Manny might lay him out at 140 too but at least its more likely to be competetive there. Pac is a freak the way he is moving through the weights, Marquez is a true great in my eyes but he's not a freak like Pac so the higher the weight the less i like his odds.

I really do think its hurting Floyds legacy, think how many young fans there are now that know nothing of Floyds great work down in weight. I honestly feel rightly or wrongly history will remember Floyd for ducking the big fight with Pacquaio more than the other way around and it Will hurt his legacy.
                By all means I agree the higher the weight the worse the beating. I just don't see Marquez Vs. Pacqiauo being competitive at 140. Plus, Pacqiauo isn't going to go down to 140 and fight Marquez.

Maybe to the casual audience, but amongst people who actually follow the sport thoroughly I can't see how it will.

Personally I feel that Pacqiauo will hurt his legacy to the casual audience by not fighting Floyd. Not because it's Floyd, but because it allows the idiot's to accuse him of PED's as he won't be proven guilty nor innocent.

Comment

Plus, Pacqiauo isn't going to go down to 140 and fight Marquez.
                  Personally I feel that Pacqiauo will hurt his legacy to the casual audience by not fighting Floyd. Not because it's Floyd, but because it allows the idiot's to accuse him of PED's as he won't be proven guilty nor innocent.
                  No Thats true, id like him to tho and it would be the fair and honerable thing to do but this is the ruthless buisness of boxing and Mannys the star so its his call, the smart thing to do would be to make Juan move up to WW, making things easier on himself
                  To be honest its not gonna be doing any of them any favours. I just feel the worlds on Pacquaio's diick and he's this tiny little guy smashing up big guys, fighters Floyd hasnt fought and fighters he's percieved to have ducked.

Whats the crack now anyway? Has Manny agreed to the tests or what?
                  Last edited by The Surgeon; 02-14-2011, 01:08 PM.

Comment

No Thats true, id like him to tho and it would be the fair and honerable thing to do but this is the ruthless buisness of boxing and Mannys the star so its his call, the smart thing to do would be to make Juan move up to WW, making things easier on himself
                    To be honest its not gonna be doing any of them any favours. I just feel the worlds on Pacquaio's diick and he's this tiny little guy smashing up big guys, fighters Floyd hasnt fought and fighters he's percieved to have ducked.

Whats the crack now anyway? Has Manny agreed to the tests or what?
                    Floyd orginally wanted up to the fight, then said 14 but Manny said 24 so they couldnt reach a deal.

Then the second negoiation was a complete mess, complete mess. Arum giving Floyd deadlines putting a clock on TR.com and Ellerbe coming out saying there wern't even negotiations, complete mess and waste of time.

Then it came out Manny agreed until the day of the fight but then in Pacqiauo-Margarito 24/7 his team said he will do it up to 7 days.

But as of right now Manny has said he will do this and that but they negotiate he seems to change his mind and flip flop when he wants it in regard to when Mayweather asks for it. We will see what he really wants when (if) they negotiate again.

Like i said and will do unless something else changes in negotiation between to two both fighters aren't helping getting this fight made.

Comment

• Pacquiao would have just about the same size advantage he always did, regardless of where they fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X