Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done sir

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
      This thread kills the myth about him being some kind of small man slaying giants. The foundation of his career was based on being a bigger man bullying smaller fighters.
      this is what i don't understand,most of the crdit manny gets is because he is looked at as the smaller fighter but this thread just shows that he is not that small and if anything has been the bigger stronger fighter for the majority of his career up until recently

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        This thread kills the myth about him being some kind of small man slaying giants. The foundation of his career was based on being a bigger man bullying smaller fighters.
        I don't think they ever referred to his opponents before lightweight as "giants". That wasn't until he fought DLH, which is true. Now he has to eat tons of calories just to make the weight instead of draining.

Comment

I knew it. Once I post this Tale of the Tales people will start reversing the issue. Oh Pacquiao was the bigger man etc. Well All I can answer is Pacquiao is young before and now aging and cannot make weighs anymore at the lower weight class.

updated:

Last edited by PacquiaoATG; 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
            this is what i don't understand,most of the crdit manny gets is because he is looked at as the smaller fighter but this thread just shows that he is not that small and if anything has been the bigger stronger fighter for the majority of his career up until recently
            Again, most of that David vs Goliath "credit" came from the hype after he fought DLH.

Before that, he was looked as an aggressive kid from the Philippines beating on Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by PacquiaoATG View Post
              I knew it. Once I post this Tale of the Tales people will start reversing the issue. Oh Pacquiao was the bigger man etc. Well All I can answer is Pacquiao is young before and now aging and cannot make weighs anymore at the lower weight class.
              what is the issue?if you look at the tale of the tapes manny has been comin in as a ww for a couple of years

Comment

Why doesnt he have a current weight for the cotto match?

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
                  Again, most of that David vs Goliath "credit" came from the hype after he fought DLH.

Before that, he was looked as an aggressive kid from the Philippines beating on Mexicans.
                  the point is that he is looked at as so great because he is looked at as some super small fighter beating up much bigger fighters if not for that he would not be as big a deal as he is made out to be. how many people were screamin manny was the greates fighter ever before the oscar fight?

Comment

He's always been the heavier fighter until moving up to 135 where he was about equal to his opponents. It wasn't until his move to 140lbs that his opponents would be regularly bigger by a bit. At welterweight he is definitely giving up about 5-10lbs to most of his opponents so it's a good challenge even if he's on performance enhancers since he's finally at a weight disadvantage. His venture into junior middle while at a catchweight will still mean that he is giving up 13lbs or so to Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      Why doesnt he have a current weight for the cotto match?
                      Cotto no longer allows HBO to unofficially weigh him.

Comment

Working...
                      X