Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wlad in the top 5 heavyweights of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Hopefully this puts Wlad's career in perspective a little.

Great guy, always classy, but he's not in the Lewis, Ali, Foreman league.

Good fighter, sure, but a product of size. He's never faced a top level opponent who he wasn't much bigger than and just lost to a decent HW who was bigger and not static.
    In all fairness, I don't think it changes a thing. Foreman was never a dominant champion for long, Ali also last in his mid 30's, Louis also. Lewis you can argue.

The biggest difference is level of competition.

Comment

Wlad was a great champion. There's no reason to try and downplay him or whatever. He defended his titles for 10 years.

He happened to lose tonight, so what? Everything he's done over 10 years isn't forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        It was what those who thought Fury would/could win were thinking might happen. It's been proven multiple time that Wlad can't handle movement and Fury can move. What we didn't know was whether Fury could both move and win rounds. Clearly he could and did. It was Wlad's worst nightmare, someone who could both move and had the size and skill to make him pay for his limitations.
        The jab was the key for me and it was always the key. I thought Wlad could get through it, but I always maintained Fury would trouble Wlad a lot more than anyone could imagine.

He ended up winning with ease, but it's hard fighting someone with such a long reach.

Comment

Did anyone else notice how much bigger Fury was?

I guess there was some truth to the extra sole in the shoe story.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            We need to find Freedom's original thread on this subject... I need to be reminded why I'm a racist for not putting Wlad up there with a prime Ali.

He made Fury look like a prime Ali tonight...
            This really says it all

Comment

Joe Louis was better, Muhammad Ali was better, Larry Holmes was better, and I'd honestly rate Lennox Lewis as being better than Klitschko. From there, you go and look at the other old timers

Comment

Originally posted by Djanxx View Post
                TFW Wlad fanboys on this forum claimed he would beat Lennox Lewis at any stage of his career.
                I still see it as 50:50 fight, same as a week ago, same as 2 or 5 years ago.

And I didn't choose wlad to beat fury before the fight. make no mistake, regardless how great lennpx was he didnt pose the thing fury did. He is not as giantic, agile, switch with the workrate of a lhw.

Lennox would need to win from the inside, fury can beat anyone from both inside or outside.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Did anyone else notice how much bigger Fury was?

I guess there was some truth to the extra sole in the shoe story.
                  The HBO telecast kept on harping about how Fury wasn't the bigger guy while waiting for the 5 hour ring walk.

Comment

Wlad is great at what he does but what he does is very one dimensional and relies on him being able to hit his opponent when they can't reach him.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Wlad was a great champion. There's no reason to try and downplay him or whatever. He defended his titles for 10 years.

He happened to lose tonight, so what? Everything he's done over 10 years isn't forgotten.
                      He got toyed with by a ****sexual gypsy after years of beating cans.

Comment

Working...
                      X