Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Danny Garcia really not care about fighting Mayweather or is there more to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
    Lacks ambition. As a young fighter he should be eager to test himself with the best. You don't have to go full ****** like khan but to show no interest at all? He doesn't sound confident in testing his skills with the best.
    Absurd. Garcia is well-tested already. And if you think he doesn't want the Mayweather fight, you're on crack. He'd do it for the money alone.

Garcia is not going to beg because he truly believes he's a future star in his own right. May not be true but that's what he believes.

Garcia didn't look too hot to me against Herrera or Peterson but unless the Matthysse fight took something out of him, he can be a major player at 147. Big hurdle next month as he needs to shine against Paulie. But if he does, a Khan rematch, maybe Maidana or even Thurman awaits. And he would be a live dog against all of them.

Comment

no incentive to fight someone you know will defeat you and you lose the only leverage you have to keep getting big paydays and that is your undefeated record.

Danny of the mindset of quantity not quality.

Why fight Mayweather and make a 1 time 3 million and ruin his record and everything he has going for him when he can make the same money fighting 2 or 3 fights a year and keep milking it for as long as he can.

Comment

Floyd would beat Danny 12-0... while making him look like shit in the process...

Comment

I really don't think Danny gives a ****; he has Herrera problems

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post

Why fight Mayweather and make a 1 time 3 million and ruin his record and everything he has going for him when he can make the same money fighting 2 or 3 fights a year and keep milking it for as long as he can.
            Nah, dropping a wide UD to Floyd will take off some shine, it wouldn't ruin anything.

The problem for Danny is that he's food at 147. Without some extreme cherry picking he'll be giving up that '0' to a Porter, Thurman, Brook, or Maidana for 1/3 of the money and prestige and half of those could end up being TKOs.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              Lacks ambition. As a young fighter he should be eager to test himself with the best. You don't have to go full ****** like khan but to show no interest at all?
              I like Garcia & feel Garcia gots some talent, skills & drive, but this is the only thing that makes sense to me or he's allergic to money. Seemingly the only 2 generalized reasons a boxer would get into boxing is #1 for the money, to pay his bills &/or #2 to prove what he's capable of on a personal level or if talented enough on a regional, national, worldwide or historic level. Either of those 2 things has a worn down path straight towards Mayweather when you get to where Garcia is at yet Garcia yawns in the face of money + history. Makes no sense unless the chance at his biggest check isn't worth the asswhipping or embarrassment he feels he'll take.

Maybe he gots Billy Joe Saunders disease & is waiting til Mayweather is 40, 41 maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
                no incentive to fight someone you know will defeat you and you lose the only leverage you have to keep getting big paydays and that is your undefeated record.

Danny of the mindset of quantity not quality.

I think Mayweather is about the only guy an L to can actually enhance your paydays & opportunities. Victor Ortiz has gotten a acting career from fighting Mayweather. Marcos Maidana is eating cookies post-fight probably for more money than he's made for most of his fights after fighting Mayweather. Guerrero is fighting headliners on free TV for 7 digits & **** now.

An L & biggest payday ever vs Mayweather very well could help Garcia or anyone where they wanna be in boxing. Maybe Garcia wants to be the 50-0 guy one day, but **** the way he's fighting he's gonna catch a L to a guy for lower on the skill ladder than Mayweather the way he's going & than he'll definitely be losing those paydays anyway & never have gotten the crazy Mayweather hype opportunity + the biggest payday for him that would come with it.

Its too late now anyway for him. I think he had the chance to strike when the iron was hot post-Matthysse, but pulled himself out of the running & took on far subpar opposition then he should have been fighting.

Comment

I think Garcia realizes theres other paydays out there and winnable ones.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
                    Recent article: Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: Mayweather Won't Retire, I Won't Chase

I find it odd that he seems to be one of if not the only "crowned" Welter who isn't actively seeking a fight against TBE.

Do you think he truly just doesn't care about fighting him, or do you think there's more to it? Perhaps he's afraid of losing his "0" at the expense of a nice payday?

As for me personally, I would love for Danny to dispatch Paulie and then fight a legitimate Welter and dispose of him too. Then if Floyd is still in the game, they could make Garcia vs Floyd for Floyd's 50th and final fight. If Danny won, the crown would potentially be passed down to him which he would greatly benefit from. Haymon would have his first PBC star too.

I seriously hope Danny becomes more hungry for that fight after the Paulie fight because I don't want to see Floyd fight another Berto type for #50.
                    Frankly it seems like he has a "if it happens, it happens" attitude, which I respect. The only problem is that it isn't like he is picking quality opposition either, so he's neither trying to build himself or get Mayweather...

Comment

What do you mean by crowned welterweight? Garcia has yet to fight a welterweight so he is not important at 147. It does no good to chase Mayweather. Khan chased him by begging for the fight and later by insulting Mayweather and saying Mayweather was afraid to fight him. Neither tactic worked. You don't necessarily get a Mayweather fight these days by beating top competition because Berto got the fight and he hasn't defeated a really good fighter in years. Garcia is right in not chasing a Mayweather fight because it's a waste of time and effort. Mayweather will choose who he fights and if he choses Garcia then Garcia will say yes. You get lots of money for fighting Mayweather and then lots more money and prestige later on if you beat him. It really doesn't hurt you if you lose to Mayweather because everybody does. Losing to Maweather did no harm to Cotto or Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X