Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swedish govt in “panic” after ISIS letters give 3 days to convert to Islam or be deca

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    This is just not true. Denying that ISIS has anything to do with Islam is being intellectually dishonest. ISIS does not represent mainstream Islam but it does follow a very true reading of the text. Moreover there are many many Muslim sympathizers of ISIS or other Islamists that preach a similar interpretation. Also, I've seen poll numbers from various sources that state that 25% of young British Muslim men sympathize with and though the Charlie Hebdo attacks were justified; also more than 1,000 U.K. muslims have gone to Syria to fight with ISIS. So, saying that "ISIS doesn't equal Islam" is really naive, incorrect and not helpful in fighting this brand is radical Islam.

Let's acknowledge that Islam has some really existential critical issues with it and let's try to empower the Muslim who are trying to reform it. Being politically correct and not calling it out is as dangerous as Donald Trump calling for a travel ban on Muslims.
    Boston, you have to dig a lot deeper than simply saying ISIS follows a very true reading of the text (which we can say with ANY religious extremist group). How long has ISIS existed? What were the causes to this radicalism and extremism? Did it simply emerge out of nowhere for the hell of it? I'd say one would be incredibly naive to not explore the root causes and circumstances that has led to this very point. Simply blaming a religion with over 1 billion followers is incredibly narrow minded and lacks insight, historical understanding and so on.

ISIS is what? The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. What is the history of this region, Boston? Can you think of any reasons at all that might have created an environment where such extremism could not only exist but grow and rise in power? I'm not talking ancient history here, there should be some very obvious reasons and conditions that has caused resentment and hatred towards the West. People watching their families and communities and entire regions decimated, completely destroyed do to foreign envaders. These conditions over decades create ripe environments for such extremism to blossom and Religion is simply a tool used.

We've seen this throughout history with multiple religions. From Christian terrorists throughout Africa, raping, murdering, pillaging collecting child sex slaves and child soldiers, such as The Lord’s Resistance Army, originally from Uganda, which is is a hotbed of Christian Fundamentalism. Of course, we can say the LRA, "follow a very true reading of the text". Of course we can also see a similar group in India, the National Liberation Front of Tripura, whose goal is to "expand the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura" through violence, including but not limited to killing Hindus if caught celebrating anything to do with Hinduism. Or let's talk about Antibalaka who are attempting ethnic cleansing. You can read about the thousands and thousands murdered by this Christian group HERE, including a father talking about watching his four year old son's throat slit in front of him and then fed to wild animals.

So is it that Christianity is a religion based on violence? Or are there deeper root causes that allow for such radical fundamentalism to arise in the first place? Because I can continue, I can give you countless more examples not only from Christianity but every main religion, Buddhism included.

Lets go back to ISIS. Where did they come from Boston? Do they not have a "made in USA" stamp? They have, until now, played a significant part in Washington’s efforts to overthrow the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria, as part of a broader effort to gain control of the region’s vast energy resources and transit routes as well as other political motives. This isn't opinion, this is factual and documented. Sounds like a familiar story. Remember that Osama guy? Al-Quada? Yeah, weren't they funded by the US in the first Damn place?Do I need to remind you that ISIS is an offshoot of Al Qaeda. It seems the Lounge in general needs some serious history lessons. These conditions weren't created over night, this has been decades in the making as a direct fu cking result of US foreign policy! To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest or simply pure ignorance.

This massive clusterfu ck, which is now spilling into Europe, is the horrific consequences of decades of US wars In the name of the never-ending “war on terrorism,” going back to Bush, Clinton, Bush and now Obama. ISIS was a small group not long ago and you can directly thank the US for what they have become. Again this isn't opinion based, it's documented and factual. Understand history and study religious fundamentalism and extremism, specifically the conditions in place in order for such things to exist in the first place. It is so ridiculously more deep than simply saying Islam is bad. It's offensive to me, as an Atheist who doesn't give a flying rats ass about Islam, that so many people refuse to look deeper, refuse to educate themselves and refuse to intellectually understand what is occurring, instead taking such a hateful, ignorant approach.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 12-16-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
      flabulous posts.

what ISIS has done is basically the end game of Islam. Establishing a hard line islamic caliphate where sharia law is supereme IS THE END GOAL OF ISLAM.

Christianity and Islam have one main directive;

to spread the word of jesus and allah everywhere. The difference is muslims are willing to literally do it on a large violent scale while christians just try to go bible study with tebow in micronesia and the philippines.
      Aye...

Seems Christianity left the violent parts out a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Boston, you have to dig a lot deeper than simply saying ISIS follows a very true reading of the text (which we can say with ANY religious extremist group). How long has ISIS existed? What were the causes to this radicalism and extremism? Did it simply emerge out of nowhere for the hell of it? I'd say one would be incredibly naive to not explore the root causes and circumstances that has led to this very point. Simply blaming a religion with over 1 billion followers is incredibly narrow minded and lacks insight, historical understanding and so on.

ISIS is what? The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. What is the history of this region, Boston? Can you think of any reasons at all that might have created an environment where such extremism could not only exist but grow and rise in power? I'm not talking ancient history here, there should be some very obvious reasons and conditions that has caused resentment and hatred towards the West. People watching their families and communities and entire regions decimated, completely destroyed do to foreign envaders. These conditions over decades create ripe environments for such extremism to blossom and Religion is simply a tool used.

We've seen this throughout history with multiple religions. From Christian terrorists throughout Africa, raping, murdering, pillaging collecting child sex slaves and child soldiers, such as The Lord’s Resistance Army, originally from Uganda, which is is a hotbed of Christian Fundamentalism. Of course, we can say the LRA, "follow a very true reading of the text". Of course we can also see a similar group in India, the National Liberation Front of Tripura, whose goal is to "expand the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura" through violence, including but not limited to killing Hindus if caught celebrating anything to do with Hinduism. Or let's talk about Antibalaka who are attempting ethnic cleansing. You can read about the thousands and thousands murdered by this Christian group HERE, including a father talking about watching his four year old son's throat slit in front of him and then fed to wild animals.

So is it that Christianity is a religion based on violence? Or are there deeper root causes that allow for such radical fundamentalism to arise in the first place? Because I can continue, I can give you countless more examples not only from Christianity but every main religion, Buddhism included.

Lets go back to ISIS. Where did they come from Boston? Do they not have a "made in USA" stamp? They have, until now, played a significant part in Washington’s efforts to overthrow the regime of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria, as part of a broader effort to gain control of the region’s vast energy resources and transit routes as well as other political motives. This isn't opinion, this is factual and documented. Sounds like a familiar story. Remember that Osama guy? Al-Quada? Yeah, weren't they funded by the US in the first Damn place?Do I need to remind you that ISIS is an offshoot of Al Qaeda. It seems the Lounge in general needs some serious history lessons. These conditions weren't created over night, this has been decades in the making as a direct fu cking result of US foreign policy! To say otherwise is intellectually dishonest or simply pure ignorance.

This massive clusterfu ck, which is now spilling into Europe, is the horrific consequences of decades of US wars In the name of the never-ending “war on terrorism,” going back to Bush, Clinton, Bush and now Obama. ISIS was a small group not long ago and you can directly thank the US for what they have become. Again this isn't opinion based, it's documented and factual. Understand history and study religious fundamentalism and extremism, specifically the conditions in place in order for such things to exist in the first place. It is so ridiculously more deep than simply saying Islam is bad. It's offensive to me, as an Atheist who doesn't give a flying rats ass about Islam, that so many people refuse to look deeper, refuse to educate themselves and refuse to intellectually understand what is occurring, instead taking such a hateful, ignorant approach.
        You are a brainwashed ****lam apologist, you are ripe for the pickings against these savages. To use the argument of "The West started it" is a preposterous justification that ignores free will and true intentions. You must be american, because I see this same argument for criminals who are certain groups who put all of the blame for their behavior on the super evil white men even though they have the choice to break the law or not.

To blame the US for the massive expansion of islamic terrorism since 03 is correct, however they only gave the muzscum more incentive, not completely new incentive.

You go on about history and neglect to look a little deeper into it to see how muslims have waged wars against other civilizations for hundreds of years as AGGRESSORS, because their religion advocates it. If there was no 20th century western interference in the middle east muzscum would still act the way they do because it is their religion.

Typical atheist coward too, very strong resolve in your hatred for christianity because there won't be backlash but islam? Lets not be ignorant guys, it's wacist! Scared of the muzscum even online anonymously. And if you want to compare modern christian violence to ****lamic terrorism just give the go ahead, I have all the stats available at the click of a button. No religion compares to islam when it comes to deaths, injuries and deterioration of societies, not even remotely close. Other religions have evolved with the times. islam has DEVOLVED with times that is what makes it unique in its repulsiveness and danger.

islam is about dominating the world, there is no place for non-believers in it, only in rare cases jews and christians are allowed to be what they are but completely oppressed and forced to pay jizya tax. Read the queeran, see the 109 violent verses on thereligionofpeace.com if you can resist your pc apologist brain.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          You are a brainwashed ****lam apologist, you are ripe for the pickings against these savages. To use the argument of "The West started it" is a preposterous justification that ignores free will and true intentions. You must be american, because I see this same argument for criminals who are certain groups who put all of the blame for their behavior on the super evil white men even though they have the choice to break the law or not.

To blame the US for the massive expansion of islamic terrorism since 03 is correct, however they only gave the muzscum more incentive, not completely new incentive.

You go on about history and neglect to look a little deeper into it to see how muslims have waged wars against other civilizations for hundreds of years as AGGRESSORS, because their religion advocates it. If there was no 20th century western interference in the middle east muzscum would still act the way they do because it is their religion.

Typical atheist coward too, very strong resolve in your hatred for christianity because there won't be backlash but islam? Lets not be ignorant guys, it's wacist! Scared of the muzscum even online anonymously. And if you want to compare modern christian violence to ****lamic terrorism just give the go ahead, I have all the stats available at the click of a button. No religion compares to islam when it comes to deaths, injuries and deterioration of societies, not even remotely close. Other religions have evolved with the times. islam has DEVOLVED with times that is what makes it unique in its repulsiveness and danger.

islam is about dominating the world, there is no place for non-believers in it, only in rare cases jews and christians are allowed to be what they are but completely oppressed and forced to pay jizya tax. Read the queeran, see the 109 violent verses on thereligionofpeace.com if you can resist your pc apologist brain.
          You need to stop the name calling and belligerent tone with other posters. This is contentious issue, one of the biggest issues of our time, but that doesn't give you the right to insult posters who don't the share same viewpoint as you. If you can't converse in a respectful manner then don't post here.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            You need to stop the name calling and belligerent tone with other posters. This is contentious issue, one of the biggest issues of our time, but that doesn't give you the right to insult posters who don't the share same viewpoint as you. If you can't converse in a respectful manner then don't post here.
            I will try to do so against non-confrontational posters here, though not towards this religion and the radical followers(that's within the rules here). And posters who are discussing issues that strike personal nerves(such as how my race is facing genocide because of this religion) they should get a little leeway and understanding when emotions run high after somebody wants to defend this cancer of the world. But thank you for not shooting first and asking questions later this time.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              I will try to do so against non-confrontational posters here, though not towards this religion and the radical followers(that's within the rules here). And posters who are discussing issues that strike personal nerves(such as how my race is facing genocide because of this religion) they should get a little leeway and understanding when emotions run high after somebody wants to defend this cancer of the world. But thank you for not shooting first and asking questions later this time.
              What is your race?

EDIT: ISIS has killed more Muslims than anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post

Sorry NATAS but this is progressive nonsense and BS. The idea that the west has caused violence in Islam is false. All you need to do is do some research and see how Islam was spread in the Middle East and western world.

Most don't know this, but the Crusades were a RESPONSE to Islamic incursion on the west. Islam had one of the biggest empires in human history and they didn't get it by preaching the Quran. They achieved that by the sword, and very brutally.

Mohamed wasn't Jesus, his story is very different. He killed and pillaged his way to power, and yes Christians and Jews lived under Islamic rule, but as subjugated peoples.

ISIS is a result of the vacuum left by Saddam, I will agree. But to bring up what Christians did 500 years ago is utter nonsense. You have to dig up hundred of year old history to even compare what Christians have done, and yes it was done I don't deny that.

That's a false equivalency though, we are dealing with issues in 2015, not the 1400's. We need to address the threat of radical Islam today, and stop this PC bull**** about how it's only the radicals and it's not a representation of Islam.

It is a representation of Islam, a very strict and fundamental one, but it is Islam. Beliefs matter, and we can't ignore that. Because the vast majority of the Islamic world doesn't carry out this violence, doesn't mean they are the only one's that agree with this doctrine.

As Boston pointed out, there have been poll after polls done and it's shocking how many "moderate" Muslims sympathize or even agree with what ISIS stands for. As we speak there are scores of people in Saudi Arabia waiting public execution by beheading because they spoke wrongly about the prophet or critiqued the Quran.

All religions are not the same. We need to acknowledge that, and be adult in that conversations without thinking we are attacking Muslims or being bigoted.

Comment

Muhammad fled Mecca as he was facing persecution, it was the Meccans who cast the first stone. When Muhammad returned he brought with him an army 10k strong and seized Mecca without bloodshed (there was smaller battles/skirmishes between this).

Also, Jihad before Wahabbism was considered to be about an internal struggle of one's self. Wahabi externalised Jihdad and made it a struggle against non-Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                    What is your race?

EDIT: ISIS has killed more Muslims than anyone else.
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_exodus_from_Iraq
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyri...cution_by_ISIS

There you go.

For your second preposterous statement, it is absolutely meaningless that Isis has killed more muslims than any other group, utterly meaningless. Because 1-sunni and shia's are the vast majority in iraq and over 9 out of 10 people in Syria is a muslim. Their permanent foothold in these countries is a fact, Isis will never be able to get rid of all of them and they will never get rid of eachother. Too large numbers and they breed vehemently every day.

But 2-the small minorities such as the Assyrians and the Egyptian Copts(the indegenous ORIGINAL people of those lands, not the islamic thieves who oppress them) are a tiny oppressed minority who if not killed, are driven out and face true genocide. Sunni's and Shia's can kill eachother for the next 1000 years, it's not gonna get rid of them. It is the small non-islamic minorities such as the Assyrians, Yazidi's and Copts etc. who's persecution is the most tragic and dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Sorry NATAS but this is progressive nonsense and BS. The idea that the west has caused violence in Islam is false. All you need to do is do some research and see how Islam was spread in the Middle East and western world.

Most don't know this, but the Crusades were a RESPONSE to Islamic incursion on the west. Islam had one of the biggest empires in human history and they didn't get it by preaching the Quran. They achieved that by the sword, and very brutally.

Mohamed wasn't Jesus, his story is very different. He killed and pillaged his way to power, and yes Christians and Jews lived under Islamic rule, but as subjugated peoples.

ISIS is a result of the vacuum left by Saddam, I will agree. But to bring up what Christians did 500 years ago is utter nonsense. You have to dig up hundred of year old history to even compare what Christians have done, and yes it was done I don't deny that.

That's a false equivalency though, we are dealing with issues in 2015, not the 1400's. We need to address the threat of radical Islam today, and stop this PC bull**** about how it's only the radicals and it's not a representation of Islam.

It is a representation of Islam, a very strict and fundamental one, but it is Islam. Beliefs matter, and we can't ignore that. Because the vast majority of the Islamic world doesn't carry out this violence, doesn't mean they are the only one's that agree with this doctrine.

As Boston pointed out, there have been poll after polls done and it's shocking how many "moderate" Muslims sympathize or even agree with what ISIS stands for. As we speak there are scores of people in Saudi Arabia waiting public execution by beheading because they spoke wrongly about the prophet or critiqued the Quran.

All religions are not the same. We need to acknowledge that, and be adult in that conversations without thinking we are attacking Muslims or being bigoted.
                      You only have to go back to WW2 and the Roman Catholic church if you want to see when Christianity was last in action.

Comment

Working...
                      X