No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tavoris Cloud-Bernard Hopkins: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tavoris Cloud-Bernard Hopkins: Pre-Fight Report Card

Both men lost the last time they stepped into a boxing ring. Only one of their records reflects a setback.

Neither can afford another.

Bernard Hopkins, at 48, loses nothing in the long run with any in-ring losses at this point. He’s a living legend who can only add to his place in history. That said, another defeat could make it difficult, in a sport where top stars fight so seldom, to continue to get cracks at the young lions out there.

Cloud, an exciting battler whose career has been plagued by inactivity, won on the cards but lost in the eyes of the fans versus Gabriel Campillo. This is his first fight since. If he follows a perceived loss with an actual loss, particularly to an elder statesman, it would be easy to let his inactivity continue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think you're on the money with this one. For me, the biggest difference between Pascal and Cloud, who are otherwise quite similiar, is consistency.

Although he fights in spots, cloud can maintain a decent output throughout a bout, while Pascal can do so only for a few rounds. I think that BHOP will be on the defensive more than he was against Pascal, and he will find it more difficult to steal rounds with his single punch and grab style.

Comment

Yeah, no, I was
      H
      E
      L
      L
      A
      wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
        Yeah, no, I was
        H
        E
        L
        L
        A
        wrong.
        can't blame you man. The guy keeps defying logic!

Comment

Working...
        X