Collapse
No announcement yet.

Define the word bum in boxing give examples

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i only use that word to describe fighters who clearly don't put the effort in.

Comment

Tor Hamer is a damn BUM!!!

a bum i tell ya. Aint nothin but a sissy lookin for a check

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        I use it jokingly. Danny is a bum to me right now for fighting Ron Salsa, a real bum is Brian Sutherland

Sorry Mike
        How dare you!!!
        Brian Sutherland actually invented "beast mode"
        You think Keith thurman is a bad man.... Wait till you see suthland!!!
        #TBE

Comment

Peter McNealy from the Tyson's comeback fight from prison. Prime example of a bum

Comment

american boxing = a fighter who just shows up and doesn't give his all
            british boxing = the location of the body where any of their heavyweights start to feel scared once they realize they are out matched; three recent ones come to mind

Comment

Bum gets thrown around to loosely, even Breto can't be considered a bum as many labeled him one.

A bum is the people you fight in the beginning of your career the first couple of fights with fighters that have losing records, some of them are part time boxers.

Comment

In the golden age guys fought actual bums just to stay busy and make money.

Now I think the term basically refers to any opponent who is brought in just to lose, even if they're a decent boxer who would beat up everyone on this forum, because they've filled the niche formerly occupied by actual bums.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
                  The only Bums i know of in boxing are the fans who talk ***** about fighters.

Anybody who steps in that ring to do battle is a man regardles of skill level.
                  Someone who loses a large chunk of his fights.

The notion that guys with otherwise good records are bums if they lose once today is pretty silly.

Comment

I don't use it

Comment

Apparently Maidana is a bum. According to a lot on here, especially before the Mayweather fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X