Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any examples where there was a rehydration clause?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any examples where there was a rehydration clause?

I've always heard people say no rehydration clause if the fight is at a catch weight many times in different topics, just wondered if somebody can give me a few examples where this has been used & the limit they were allowed to rehydrate too?

Cotto (The Warrior lol) wanted one vs Margarito.

Comment

idk but i think oscar wasnt allowed to be over 147 on fight night against packy.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
        idk but i think oscar wasnt allowed to be over 147 on fight night against packy.
        That's not true. Oscar just screwed up losing weight and rehydrating.

Comment

Floyd demanded a rehydration clause against Winky Wright when their fight was being discussed.

Comment

I did not no that IBF had a rehydration rule, if you rehydrate more than 10lb's then you weigh in limit, you get stripped from the title, i can understand it makes the fight safer & gives some sort of equality for the boxers but damn, ****ty rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
              I did not no that IBF had a rehydration rule, if you rehydrate more than 10lb's then you weigh in limit, you get stripped from the title, i can understand it makes the fight safer & gives some sort of equality for the boxers but damn, ****ty rule.
              It should be mandatory. It's ridiculous that someone can make the weight for a fight and then come fight night he's 15 or 20lbs over the division limit. It not only makes a mockery of weight divisions, but it's dangerous. How can say Paul Williams be classed as a welterweight when he's never weighed 147 in the ring in his life?

Comment

Originally posted by Born2Live View Post
                Why is it *****y?

It should be same day weigh -ins. I mean CLottey has fought his carrer at 147 yet has never been below 160 in the ring

Comment

It does make sense to be fair but to strip a boxer from a title because he's 2lb's over the limit of what he should be on fight night is quite wack.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    this is false.

Comment

Working...
                    X