Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People forget how easy it was for Peterson to negate Garcia's excessive clinching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People forget how easy it was for Peterson to negate Garcia's excessive clinching

And if he did get caught in a clinch, he would be out of it in seconds.

Why is it that a B level fighter like Peterson is able to negate and fight out of clinches better than some so called "A" level fighters? Porter is another guy who is pretty good at it. I think trainers need to get on this because sitting there looking at the ref clearly isn't helping.

Wow, not a single reply??

Does no one have an argument?

Comment

Originally posted by [HORUS] REBORN View Post
      Wow, not a single reply??

Does no one have an argument?

Comment

we all love clinching why would you want to get rid of it? its slick boxing at its finest. i like seeing skills, i dont just like guys punching themselves or each other or whatever brawlers do. give me the skills!

Comment

And if he did get caught in a clinch, he would be out of it in seconds.

Why is it that a B level fighter like Peterson is able to negate and fight out of clinches better than some so called "A" level fighters? Porter is another guy who is pretty good at it. I think trainers need to get on this because sitting there looking at the ref clearly isn't helping.

Clinching doesn't win fights... Pacquiao could have beat May even if he continued to hold, if Pacs shoulder wasnt torn Tyson could have knocked out Holyfield if he kept his cool... even if youre good with clinch you're still not guaranteed a win... look at cotto may... nevermind look at your Peterson Garcia... he still lost... so you might as well perfect your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            we all love clinching why would you want to get rid of it? its slick boxing at its finest. i like seeing skills, i dont just like guys punching themselves or each other or whatever brawlers do. give me the skills!
            You still haven't broke the habit huh? A for effort I guess.
            Originally posted by Infamous View Post
            Clinching doesn't win fights... Pacquiao could have beat May even if he continued to hold, if Pacs shoulder wasnt torn Tyson could have knocked out Holyfield if he kept his cool... even if youre good with clinch you're still not guaranteed a win... look at cotto may... nevermind look at your Peterson Garcia... he still lost... so you might as well perfect your strengths instead of worrying about your weaknesses
            Well I disagree that Pac could have won if he held but yeah people need to work on the lost art of being able to fight out of or negate clinching altogether.

Comment

It seems like non Afrikan Americans don't do it as good, not being racist or nothing because a lot of fighters from the motherland like Clottey didn't seem to be too good at it either, something they teach in the AA gyms like Kronk, if you didn't have no inside game back then in kronk your ass getting tore up.

Comment

Originally posted by Skilled Nation View Post
                It seems like non Afrikan Americans don't do it as good, not being racist or nothing because a lot of fighters from the motherland like Clottey didn't seem to be too good at it either, something they teach in the AA gyms like Kronk, if you didn't have no inside game back then in kronk your ass getting tore up.
                There's definitely some truth to that. I know Peterson comes from a great boxing gym and boxing background. He's got the whole crew out there in DC. Barry Hunter is an elite trainer. Peterson clearly won that fight IMO but I don't mind Danny getting it cause it was sorta close.

Comment

There's definitely some truth to that. I know Peterson comes from a great boxing gym and boxing background. He's got the whole crew out there in DC. Barry Hunter is an elite trainer. Peterson clearly won that fight IMO but I don't mind Danny getting it cause it was sorta close.
                  Yeah bruh they both put on a show for the fans, couple Ricans near me threw a block party, damn the fine ass women on display. Garcia does a lot for the community so he gets a lot of respect from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skilled Nation View Post
                    Yeah bruh they both put on a show for the fans, couple Ricans near me threw a block party, damn the fine ass women on display. Garcia does a lot for the community so he gets a lot of respect from me.
                    Haha I know what you mean. I got a lot of love for the dude but I don't know, he's gotta build some confidence and work on his technique a little bit. I honestly though he was gonna storm through Peterson with ease. They gotta find some cement footed vatos for him to KO so he can gain some confidence before they put him in a big fight again.

Comment

Working...
                    X