Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Golovkin Will Have 3 Fights Prior To Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
    Please dear God don't let GGG get upset in any of those 3 fights. Canelo's team just praying that he loses 1, so they can use that as am excuse to kot have to fight him.

And of course, that would mean an even longer wait for Canelo, if they do plan to go through with the fight, because he'd obviously have a rematch with that fighter.

Hope everything goes smoothly for both guys.
    The level of opposition that GGG is facing pose no threat to him. So he is at no risk of being upset.

Comment

A verbal agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        ...these guys want to maximize their potential before a possible loss...
        Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        ...Its about money, and that is it....
        +1 Greened up

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
          The level of opposition that GGG is facing pose no threat to him. So he is at no risk of being upset.
          Never know. You're always one shot away from being embarrassed in front of millions of viewers.

People take for granted how amazing these fighters are for going out and performing to their best on that given night. There are no do overs, 7 game series', none of that. If you're having an off night, and things just aren't clicking for you, that's your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
            lol u willing to wait 3 fights for this crap lol...u already waited 3 before...give it a rest
            Hell no, I'm not willing to wait 3 more fights, but WTF am I supposed to do? They've already planned this out in advanced, and he's fighting Canelo in 17', I guess in September. What, is he supposed to just sit on the shelf in the meantime?

Since that's already the plan, all you can ask for is for him to win all his fights, and hope that he doesn't lose in an upset, or he doesn't get injured between then.

Comment

Damn passed up Ward for this?

Comment

is there any reason to watch these fights? they will be nothing more than glorified sparring sessions. I wish HBO would use the money for these mismatches to put fights like TC/Postol on regular HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  is there any reason to watch these fights? they will be nothing more than glorified sparring sessions. I wish HBO would use the money for these mismatches to put fights like TC/Postol on regular HBO?
                  Stop whining. Ward vs Brand is up next. Now that's what you call a real fight!

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Stop whining. Ward vs Brand is up next. Now that's what you call a real fight!

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      Damn passed up Ward for this?
                      If Golovkin had signed Ward's "offer" he would still be sitting around waiting for Andre to finish his tune-ups. He's also being paid at least twice as much for fighting Brook as he would get for Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X