No announcement yet.

Is this an example of white privilege?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    trying to address a gap in SES between racial subgroups, or even bringing it up, is counterproductive?

so you don't want all of the races to have a fair shot at living a successful life? you want a stacked deck?

never got this argument. basically, it boils down to "people i hear on the internet rub me the wrong way, so the issues aren't importnant."

p#ssies on the internet rub me the wrong way, too. many of the people who have the time to complain on the internet are privileged themselves.

that deosn't mean we shouldn't be taking a serious look at thepolicies in a country that jails people more than any other nation, and specifically blacks and browns.

i can't see how anybody could possibly look at the variations between racial subgroups [income, education, commission and victimization of crime, disparities in levels of violence in interactions with police, variations in the punishment for teh same crimes -the list goes on and on] in american and say "this isn't a problem worht addressing."
    Tranquilo, papa lol. I just find that people that keep complaining about it rather be victims than actually doing anything about it. The deck is stacked against a lot of people but I rather do something about it than cry. Which is why I have no patience for those that just cry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
      Do you ever communicate in complete sentences other than when you're cucking for BLM/Islam/gun control/etc?

Are you asking if I have a job?
      Wouldn't it make me a better person in your old hippie liberal eyes if I lived off of welfare?

i've asked twice already. i'm assuming you either don't work, or don't do anything about which you're proud.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
        and who's fault is that? I've seen many examples of immigrants who come to this country with literally nothing and within 6-7 years they have a house and two cars living in a middle class neighborhood because they worked their ass off to give themselves a good life.

you're living in a country that allows you to go in any direction you chose for yourself. Nobody is preventing anything.
        Exactly. There are tons of social programs aimed strictly at immigrants and African Americans with the sole purpose of helping them get ahead. You can't blame anyone if you don't do the research on how to take advantage of the programs. People's parents don't instill the right values in them when they are young, so they lose direction.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Exactly. There are tons of social programs aimed strictly at immigrants and African Americans with the sole purpose of helping them get ahead. You can't blame anyone if you don't do the research on how to take advantage of the programs. People's parents don't instill the right values in them when they are young, so they lose direction.

so blacks are bad parents?

Comment

i've asked twice already. i'm assuming you either don't work, or don't do anything about which you're proud.
            I do digital marketing analytics ranging from media buying to demography/GIS. I have a semi-related university education that I consider a giant waste of money.

It's a day job, it pays my bills. Right-wing extremist is my true "occupation".

Comment

do poor kids choose to go to a poor school? do they deserve it?

is your argument that blacks in america disproportionately deserve to be poor?
              lol. if I went to china and picked 500 random Chinese people who can't speak a lick of English, and put them in the poorest of poor schools in America, 90% would make it out successfully after a couple of years because of their honorable work ethic and perseverance. Not a single one of them will complain about their circumstance. Not a single one will end up in a drive by shooting, not a single one will deal drugs, not a single one will end up behind bars. They'll just focus on the light at the end of the tunnel and keep working to get there.

People who complain and blame the world for their own issues are putting themselves in a position to fail.
              Last edited by -Swizzy-; 07-14-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Swizzy- View Post
                lol. if I went to china and picked 500 random Chinese people who can't speak a lick of English, and put them in the poorest of poor schools in America, 90% would make it out successfully after a couple of years because of their honorable work ethic and perseverance. Not a single one of them will complain about their circumstance. Not a single one will end up in a drive by shooting, not a single one will deal drugs, not a single one will end up behind bars. They'll just focus on the light at the end of the tunnel and keep working to get there.

People who complain and blame the world for their own issues are putting themselves in a position to fail.

so it's because they're black, and black people are inferior?

Comment

don't you have to pick boss lady's children at the bus stop, iq test?

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
                    damn bro. it's not worth it to spend the rest of ur life in jail becuse some idiot wants to vent about why u cut him off.
                    Your assuming he only wanted to vent.

He followed me for miles, then pulled up behind me when I did the right thing and let him pass. To me, that says he was out of control and thus dangerous to me and my wife. And if he'd approached the Jeep he would have wished he hadn't.

Comment

so blacks are bad parents?
                      Over 70% of the men are, simply by virtue of them not completing the family unit.

I think of all the things dad taught me and the discipline he handed out when I needed it. I'd be a different person had he skipped out.

Comment

Working...
                      X