Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the uk is shining in the boxing game right now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the uk is shining in the boxing game right now..

Gotta tip my hat to the Brits the amount of good fighters coming from there right now is pretty special....tony bellews WBC title win this past weekend just adds to all the accomplishments coming out of there right now...
    Serious contenders, big names like Frampton,quigg,brook,fury,joshua,haye,degale and so many more... is this the brightest time the uk boxing scene has seen?

Yup but expect a bunch of weak ass americans to come and **** on them, america is nothing but haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiboxing123 View Post
      Gotta tip my hat to the Brits the amount of good fighters coming from there right now is pretty special....tony bellews WBC title win this past weekend just adds to all the accomplishments coming out of there right now...
      Serious contenders, big names like Frampton,quigg,brook,fury,joshua,haye,degale and so many more... is this the brightest time the uk boxing scene has seen?
      The UK has more quality fighters now than they have in the last 30 years. Unlike the majority of American fighters, at least most of these guys are willing to fight quality competition.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
        The UK has more quality fighters now than they have in the last 30 years. Unlike the majority of American fighters, at least most of these guys are willing to fight quality competition.
        Yes and No.

DeGale has taken some tough fighters overseas.

Anthony Joshua and Kell Brook, not so much.

Comment

Big time for UK Boxing. IMO is all starts from the amateur program which actually pays money lol. So from 2000 Olympics I believe that was.

Comment

Props to them, fan of most of their fighters as well.

UK probably deserves to be the Mecca of Boxing since their fans actually give a **** about the sport while the attitude towards boxing is 98% NEGATIVE here in the States and nobody even bothers to show up to boxing events

Watching DeGale fight in DC in front of absolutely **** crowd is embarrassing considering that he could probably be fighting at home in front of a much bigger Crowd. No way should DeGale vs Jack be here in the states!
            Last edited by sicko; 05-31-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              Big time for UK Boxing. IMO is all starts from the amateur program which actually pays money lol. So from 2000 Olympics I believe that was.
              Yeah, there's been a lot of funding going into the amateur game in the past 10-15 years here.

That's why i think it's ridiculous that professionals can fight in the Olympics. By doing that, it's stopping the development of young amateurs because a lot of them aspire to fight in the Olympics as a springboard into the pro game. Luckily i think the Britain are still putting amateurs in the Olympics as before, but for other countries i think it's detrimental to the sport. The UK are leading the way right now in showing that if you put proper funding into the sport, it breeds success, and probably getting kids off the street as well.

Boxing is getting back into the mainstream in the UK now.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

UK probably deserves to be the Mecca of Boxing since their fans actually give a **** about the sport while the attitude towards boxing is 98% NEGATIVE here in the States and nobody even bothers to show up to boxing events

Watching DeGale fight in DC in front of absolutely **** crowd is embarrassing considering that he could probably be fighting at him in front of a much bigger Crowd. No way should DeGale vs Jack be here in the states!
                I think it's going to happen in the UK. Hearn hinted at securing a big unification fight in the UK in an interview last week and i think that's what he meant. It would make more financial sense.

Comment

in recent years, there was one point where the brits didn't have any beltholders at all aside from Khan and Haye was their greatest HW hope

how things have changed

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Watching DeGale fight in DC in front of absolutely **** crowd is embarrassing considering that he could probably be fighting at home in front of a much bigger Crowd. No way should DeGale vs Jack be here in the states!
                    Yeah what the hell is degale thinking...why not build your fan base out there where the fans actually show up..... guys like crolla, smith, lee saunders,eubank jr and so many otheres contending right now

Comment

Working...
                    X