Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent Beats Yuriorkis Gamboa in Court, Contract Still Valid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Gamboa thought he was signing with a Mayweather/50 cent promotional company instead of just 50 cent by himself. Hopefully, 50 cent sells the contracts to a promoter who can get these guys in the ring consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
      What on Earth possessed Gamboa to leave Top Rank for 50 cent?

What's the mind thought behind that?
      He thought it was going to be 50 Cent/Mayweather/TMT. Remember, Gamboa was hanging out with Floyd and 50, showing him all that money, then Floyd went to jail and 50 signed Gamboa. Floyd gets out of jail, 50 is talking about let's run this company and Floyd was like nah homie, I'm with Al Haymon, thus the end of their relationship and the birth of 50's boxing company. Gamboa, naively assumed he could trust his new friends and probably learned a cold lesson that there are no friends in boxing.

Damn shame it played out that way as he was set to fight an undefeated Rios and surely would have won, which would have been a massive win for him. Top Rank would have then put more into Gamboa and got him bigger fights, hell, even a Pacquiao fight isn't out of the realm of possibilities.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 01-26-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

expect Gamboa to be in nothing but tough damaging ass fights lol 50 dgaf he gonna wanna see gamboa get hurt

Comment

50 needs to let this man out of his contract.

He ruined Gamboa's career enough, let the man make some $ before it's to late.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            50 needs to let this man out of his contract.

He ruined Gamboa's career enough, let the man make some $ before it's to late.
            50 has no heart. He will try to make Gamboa suffer just because it came to this. Gamboa is already 34, so I think it is a wrap for him.

Comment

Damn! Well if you got him under contract at least get him some Good Fights!

Fighters seem to have a habit of getting themselves into awful deals with Promotions and Managers

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                50 has no heart. He will try to make Gamboa suffer just because it came to this. Gamboa is already 34, so I think it is a wrap for him.
                He's from Cuba, he's probably well over 40 bro.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Damn! Well if you got him under contract at least get him some Good Fights!

Fighters seem to have a habit of getting themselves into awful deals with Promotions and Managers
                  One thing I learned working in the boxing industry.

Is the fighters more often than not, are worse than the managers and promoters.

We always think of them as victims, and many are, but you rarely hear about how much scumbag **** these fighters try to pull off on promoters.

The managers are actually the worse, IMO. Fighters second worse, than promoters.
                  Last edited by AddiX; 01-26-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                    What on Earth possessed Gamboa to leave Top Rank for 50 cent?

What's the mind thought behind that?

Arum is a lying manipulative ****, and 50cent simply couldn't be worse ?

Comment

Feel bad for gamboa. Him and ortiz are like the few cuban boxers that even casual fanbases like seeing. I cant see Roc nation trying to buy him out of his contract either

Comment

Working...
                      X