• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nagbibiro ka ba?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
      Ano nangyari sa iyo?
      Ngayon lang nakalaya.hehehe.lifetime ban daw ako sa nung a-hple na mod dati. Hindi pala.

Comment

• The 6 biggest diet blunders And How to Avoid Them
        http://www.healthy-holistic-living.c...hem.html?t=HHL

There’s so much conflicting information out there about what you should and shouldn’t eat that people don’t know what to do!
        Plus many of the allegedly “healthy” dietary suggestions are not only NOT healthy, but they can actually do more harm than good.

Let’s take a look at what I call…

The 6 Biggest Diet Blunders

Here are the six biggest sources of dietary mis-information that have not only not made Americans any healthier, but they’ve added to our rates of chronic disease and our widening backsides.

Blunder #1: Eliminate all saturated fats to prevent heart disease
        Most people don’t realize that your body must have saturated fats.

Saturated fats are needed by your body to protect your nerve cells, produce hormones, keep your cell membranes healthy, help your body assimilate the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K and help your brain and nervous system with transmitting nerve impulses.

The truth is the average person needs about 30 percent of their daily calories to come from fats, and about one-third of those should be saturated fats.
        Good sources of saturated fats include fats from animal sources (meat, butter, lard, suet, milk, eggs and cheese)–preferably organic, as well as avocados.

What you SHOULD avoid at all cost are trans-fats. They are the fats that will guarantee a trip to the cardiologist for you.

Blunder #2: Having a low-cholesterol diet always reduces blood cholesterol levels

Contrary to what most people think, only 25 percent or less of the cholesterol in your body is from your food–your liver (and many of your other cells) produce the vast majority of it.

And of the cholesterol that you do eat, your body only absorbs about half of it.

The true issue behind your cholesterol level lies in the health of your LIVER.
        Your liver produces cholesterol as you need it and eliminates old, worn-out cholesterol from your body. So if your liver isn’t healthy and working like it should, that can cause elevated cholesterol levels.

Plus regular bowel movements are key too–because if you are frequently constipated, cholesterol that your liver may be trying to eliminate can instead get reabsorbed through the intestinal wall back into circulation.

The health of your arteries plays a role too. When you have inflammation in your blood vessels, it can trigger your liver to summon cholesterol to the inflamed areas as a healing ointment.

Chronic inflammation in your blood vessels is frequently caused by high glucose levels resulting from a large intake of refined carbs.

So if you’re really worried about cholesterol, avoid refined carbs, pamper your liver by drinking at least eight 8-oz. glasses of water a day and eat lots of fruits and vegetables to prevent constipation.

Blunder #3: Artificial sweeteners are good for losing weight
        The artificial sweeteners used in sugar-free foods may have zero calories, but the problem is your body isn’t fooled.

When it gets a tease of a “sweet” taste, it expects calories to follow.
        If calories don’t follow, that leads to distortions in your biochemistry that actually cause weight GAIN as well as increase your cravings for sweets and carbs.

Blunder #4: Whole grains are always good for you.

Although they are more nutritious than highly refined grains (like white bread and pasta), whole grains are still starches which are converted to sugar upon digestion and can not only contribute to weight gain and insulin resistance, but also stir arterial inflammation.

Although an occasional serving of whole-grain pasta or soup with whole grain bread is fine, the best go-to choices for carbohydrates are vegetables and legumes.

Blunder #5: Fish is always a healthy choice

Although fish can be very healthful, it depends on what kind you’re choosing.
        Farm-raised fish are given antibiotics to stave off diseases that result from extremely crowded conditions and they’re also treated with pesticides to combat sea lice.

Plus research has found that farmed fish has fewer usable Omega-3 essential fatty acids than wild-caught fish and a high concentration of Omega-6 EFAs. So it can contribute to an inflammation-causing imbalance of Omega-6: Omega-3 EFAs.

Also, farmed fish has also been found to have a 20 percent lower protein content than wild-caught fish.

Lastly, studies by the Environmental Working Group have found that cancer-causing polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) exist in farm-raised salmon at 16 times the rate of wild salmon.

If you want fish, be sure to buy only fresh wild-caught varieties.

Blunder #6: A low-salt diet always helps with high blood pressure
        A high sodium diet can drive up blood pressure. However, this is not consistently true for everyone, and is more of an issue with individuals who are considered salt sensitive.

And just as much of a hypertension concern is too little potassium.
        Sodium and potassium work together in the “sodium-potassium pump” which creates electrical charges in the cells that are the driving force behind your muscles, organs and bodily functions. These electrical charges also regulate calcium levels in your cells.

But when this “pump” is not working properly (due to too little potassium), that results in elevated calcium levels in your cells, which causes the smooth muscle cells in your arteries to contract and drives UP your blood pressure.
        If you have blood pressure concerns, avoid processed foods (which are the leading cause of excess sodium in most people’s diets) but at the same time, get enough potassium.

Dietary sources of potassium include: Greens, spinach, winter squashes, cantaloupe, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, bananas, avocado, broccoli and carrots.

Real straightforward diet advice

Now that you know the six biggest diet blunders, here is some real, sensible diet advice.

1- Eat real (not processed) foods
        Having a diet of real (not processed) foods is the single biggest bang for your buck when it comes to great health.

When your diet is comprised mainly of real foods, the trans-fats and sodium found in processed foods become a non-issue for you.

In addition, you’ll be getting good sources of antioxidants to help fight any existing health-destroying free radicals.

You’ll also get natural sources of crucial nutrients which can help fight and prevent disease and deficiencies, as well as strengthen your precious immune system!

2- Balance your intestinal flora
        The friendly flora in your gut helps your body digest starches and fibers and keeps your gut wall healthy–both of which are essential for proper nutrient absorption and feelings of satiety.

Plus they house about 70 percent of your immune system to boot!
        Unfortunately, people who have had a typical diet high in refined carbs have nourished the harmful bacteria in their guts which can in turn overcome your beneficial bacteria and lead to harmful bacteria overgrowth (dysbiosis).

Other factors like medication use (especially antacids and antibiotics), stress and lack of sleep can also impact the health of your friendly flora.

In addition to eating real foods that feed your friendly inhabitants, one of the best ways to help restore and maintain a proper flora balance is with a high-quality probiotic supplement.

3- Get enough of Nature’s anti-inflammatory–Omega-3 EFAs
        Omega-3 essential fatty acids have shown to be an important tool to help enhance your health in these ways:

They’ve been medically proven to help lower blood pressure.

They have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help counteract arterial and joint inflammation.

They help prevent clots from forming by reducing the stickiness in your platelets and curbing the production of fibrinogens.

Your brain’s neurons are extremely rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, especially Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).

Problem is, our food supply doesn’t contain a fraction of the Omega-3 EFAs that it used to (due to our heavy reliance on processed foods, vegetable oils and grain-fed animals)—so supplementation is wise for most people to ensure you’re getting enough of this vital nutrient.

Comment

• nakakalito na nga

kabi kabila ang article. article 1 : ok ang itlog kahit gano karami article 2 : 3 itlog lang per week at madami pa iba na puro contradicting.

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
            nakakalito na nga

kabi kabila ang article. article 1 : ok ang itlog kahit gano karami article 2 : 3 itlog lang per week at madami pa iba na puro contradicting.
            It means you have to balance your diet bro. Too much of everything is bad. I eat everything with moderation of course.

Yang eggs basta galing sa farm na hindi gumagamit ng feeds ay mababa ang LDL level kaya kahit kumain ako ng marami ok lang. Yung mga galing sa poultry napakataas ng LDL kaya dapat iwasan o at least 3 eggs per week lang.

I also focus on food that helps me fight inflammation. The enemy bro is inflammation. Threat it and you are good.

May mga tao na madaling gumaling mga inflammation nila, meron naman mga tao na kaunting galos ay may inflammation na agad. Yun ang mga tao na most likely may sakit sa puso at iba pang sakit sa ibang organs.
            Last edited by acidity; 09-24-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Confessions of a Cardiologist – Treat the Inflammation not the Cholesterol
              Posted by Dr Sircus on July 17, 2015 | Filed under Cardiology, Heart, Medicine

http://drsircus.com/medicine/confess...he-cholesterol

Dr. Dwight Lundell, former Chief of Staff and Chief of Surgery at Banner Heart Hospital in Arizona told the world not to take statin drugs. “We physicians with all our training, knowledge and authority often acquire a rather large ego that tends to make it difficult to admit we are wrong. So, here it is. I freely admit to being wrong. As a heart surgeon with 25 years experience, having performed over 5,000 open-heart surgeries, today is my day to right the wrong with medical and scientific fact.

His frontal attack on the field of cardiology tears apart the practice of prescribing medications to lower cholesterol and a diet that severely restricted fat intake. Doctors in this field have been continually bombarded with scientific literature, continually attending education seminars, all of which insisted heart disease resulted from the simple fact of elevated blood cholesterol. They were wrong. Unfortunately for too many people—dead wrong.

Dr. David Brownstein has debated publically about this issue and many people do recognize how off base the world of cardiology actually is. I have gone as far as writing an essay telling people to run from their statin prescribing cardiologist. And I have written an essay about The Statin Disaster and the recent increasing recommendation and prescription of this quite useless drug.

We know that inflammation in the artery wall is the real cause of heart disease. Simply stated, without inflammation being present in the body, there is no way that cholesterol can accumulate in the wall of the blood vessel and cause heart disease and strokes. Without sufficient magnesium in the body inflammation results and it is the inflammation that causes cholesterol to become trapped.

Magnesium, not statin drugs should be the foundation drug of for the prevention and treatment of heart disease, diabetes, and arteriosclerosis; it serves as a natural calcium antagonist, normalizes blood pressure and irregular heartbeat. Magnesium is The Ultimate Heart Medicine!

[I]
              What are the biggest culprits of chronic inflammation?[/I] Quite simply, they are the overload of simple, highly processed carbohydrates (sugar, flour and all the products made from them) and the excess consumption of omega-6 vegetable oils like soybean, corn and sunflower that are found in many processed foods. Low magnesium though is the most basic culprit as is excessive irregular breathing, which reduces both CO2 and O2 levels in the body, both of which cause systemic inflammation.

Magnesium is the perfect medicine for cardiologists. It is the nutritional medicinal with pharmaceutical properties that no allopathic drug can hope to equal, yet doctors routinely ignore it. Worse, they use calcium channel blockers, statin drugs and other questionable substances with nightmarish side effects, which include suppressing already low magnesium levels.

Though magnesium is safe and easy to use and is available for immediate use in emergency departments, rarely is its full potential appreciated or harnessed.[1] The two forms of magnesium I recommend are magnesium chloride and magnesium bicarbonate. The magnesium bicarbonate is for oral use with all of one’s water, and the magnesium chloride (oil) can be used both orally and topically.

Low Magnesium Hardens Arteries

Dr. Russell Blaylock says, “There is evidence that magnesium deficiency may play a role in atherosclerosis, also called hardening of the arteries. In one study that used experimental animals, magnesium supplementation inhibited the deposit of lipids in the walls of the aorta ¬ that is, it inhibited plaque formation, a major factor in atherosclerosis.

“To see if there was a relation between ionized magnesium and blood lipids (such as cholesterol), researchers examined 29 men with an average age of 72.5 years, who had impaired insulin sensitivity, a common condition in the elderly. They found that the level of blood-ionized magnesium ¬ but not total blood magnesium ¬ correlated closely with levels of LDL (potentially harmful) cholesterol and total cholesterol. Because magnesium is a powerful anti-inflammatory element, it would be expected to help prevent cholesterol from oxidizing; this may explain why it reduces atherosclerotic plaque in experimental animals.”

Dr. Blaylock continues saying, “In my research, I came across a study from 1959 that demonstrated some remarkable findings concerning the interrelationship between calcium and magnesium and atherosclerosis.

Researchers knew from previous studies that feeding animals large doses of magnesium markedly reduced the amounts of lipids deposited in the heart valves of the left side of the heart and in the aorta. This study looked not only at lipid deposits in the wall and valves of the heart, but also calcium deposits in the kidneys, which are common in people with kidney disease associated with atherosclerosis.”

More on Nutrition
              Dr. Lundell also points out that by consuming excessive omega-6, the cell membrane produces chemicals called cytokines that directly cause inflammation. Today’s mainstream American diet has produced an extreme imbalance of omega-6 vs. omega-3s. The ratio of imbalance ranges from 15:1 to as high as 30:1 in favor of omega-6. That’s a tremendous amount of cytokines causing inflammation. In today’s food environment, a 3:1 ratio would be optimal
              Last edited by Dale Cardon; 09-26-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Thanks sa info mga sirs.

Go Gilas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
                  Dale was rushed to Makati Med last Tuesday early morning. He is now recuperating after a stent in the left ventricle.

Doctors at Makati Med swear that stenting or bypassing arteries is a life saving procedure and we are grateful for what they have done.

Due to what happened to my brother, I started researching about heart attacks and how to prevent them from happening.

I found a way to make my brother heart attack proof so that his heart disease can be arrested and reversed

check out this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYTf0z_zVs0

Many people say change in diet is radical. I'll tell you what I find to be radical:

Radical is when you get your chest cut open arteries from legs and arms stripped and connected around the blockages, a year or two later, more stents, bypass, heart failure, heart transplant (if your lucky).

That's the way this disease progresses. Don't let it take over. MAKE IT GO AWAY. Go to the link I posted above and educate yourselves. Knowledge is power!

I also learned that in the Philippines, there is a group of cardio vascular doctors who are practicing chelation theraphy. It is a process of intravenous administering of amino-acid and nutrients to declog the circulatory system. It remains a center of controversy in the medical world, But some veteran cardiologist swear by this alternative therapy.

I talked to no less than 28 of their patients (most are moneyed people) and all are very happy with their transformation after completing the therapy.

Check ninyo mga kabayan. Kahit wala pang experiences ng heart attacks ay nagpapagamot sa kanila.

Estuita Medical Inc. sa Taft Ave near Gil Puyat
                  Thank you for this wonderful post. I will pass it on to family members.

Best regards,
                  Zaroku

Comment

• Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                    Thanks sa info mga sirs.

Go Gilas!
                    Pareng Miron ito ang naging observation ko after undergoing stent procedure.

Many are claiming overweight people live longer. I hear that regularly from a lot of people. In fact, there are numerous articles in the internet claiming the same.

That claim encouraged me to closely observe the people around me.

Tutuo ba na mga tabain o overweight na mga tao ay mas mahaba ang buhay?

Ito naman ang resulta ng mahabang oberbasyon ko. Yung mga taong above 60yrs old na mga kilala ko at na meet sa mga maraming social gatherings, LAHAT ay hindi overweight maliban sa isang 75 yrs old na taga balintawak. Pero exceptional case ito dahil ng maimbestigahan ko yung matanda ay nalaman ko na panay anti-inflammatory foods ang kinakain mula ng pagkabata. Nadiskubre ko din na yung tao ay hindi namamaga ang mga sugat kahit daw ng siya ay bata pa. This man is more of the exception rather than the rule.

Mag obeserba ka pareng Miron sa paligid mo. Your findings will give you a major encouragement para magpa--payat. kaya mo yan

I hope Joms can also read this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
                      Pareng Miron ito ang naging observation ko after undergoing stent procedure.

Many are claiming overweight people live longer. I hear that regularly from a lot of people. In fact, there are numerous articles in the internet claiming the same.

That claim encouraged me to closely observe the people around me.

Tutuo ba na mga tabain o overweight na mga tao ay mas mahaba ang buhay?

Ito naman ang resulta ng mahabang oberbasyon ko. Yung mga taong above 60yrs old na mga kilala ko at na meet sa mga maraming social gatherings, LAHAT ay hindi overweight maliban sa isang 75 yrs old na taga balintawak. Pero exceptional case ito dahil ng maimbestigahan ko yung matanda ay nalaman ko na panay anti-inflammatory foods ang kinakain mula ng pagkabata. Nadiskubre ko din na yung tao ay hindi namamaga ang mga sugat kahit daw ng siya ay bata pa. This man is more of the exception rather than the rule.

Mag obeserba ka pareng Miron sa paligid mo. Your findings will give you a major encouragement para magpa--payat. kaya mo yan

I hope Joms can also read this.
                      boss dale what can you say about the BMI? is being overweight putting our health at risk? I'm not obese and still on the overweight portion. langya naman kasi, para maging "healthy" i have to slim down up to my college days body which I found absurd. sobra payat ko nun.

Comment

Working...
                      X