Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd still like to see Mayweather - Pacquiao, would you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd watch it.

So would 99.9% of people on this site.

Just because a fight no longer means as much doesn't make it less engaging.

Even though the fight is not as big as it should've been, it's still a big big fight regardless of what you think the outcome would be.

Comment

Fight means absolutely nothing now and if it were to happen it would not crack the 2 mullion ppv mark. It lost the luster and they both lost million and millions of dollars.

Comment

We've seen fighters bounce back from KO's before. Hearns bounced back from a brutal KO loss against Barkley and fought Leonard to a draw in a fight where many (including Leonard) felt he won. Frazier was knocked out by Foreman and gave Ali a tough fight in Manilla.

Although it's not the "Super Fight" it once was when both were at the top of their game, it can still be an entertaining, competitive fight.

One of the most intriguing aspects of it for me was P4P #1 vs. P4P #1a but that's clearly not the case anymore. Because of that, I don't care if it happens or not, but if it does, I'd definitely be interested.

Comment

Yes, I would too but after Pacquiao comes back with a strong win or two first.

Comment

I can now see Floyd jumping on the chance to fight Pacquiao now....he is truly the biggest pussy in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              Fight means absolutely nothing now and if it were to happen it would not crack the 2 mullion ppv mark. It lost the luster and they both lost million and millions of dollars.
              I don't necessarily think that's the case.

Biggest PPV fights were Mayweather/De La Hoya and Lewis/Tyson.

Both fights were long overdue and De La Hoya and Tyson were past prime.

Comment

no................

Comment

As a stand-alone fight, it's definitely still got appeal.

But watching these two fight and knowing it could have been made earlier, and been much more significant and interesting......would just be depressing.

Then add on the level of b*tching and sniping from the two worst fanbases ever.....

Maybe it's best to just leave it. As Floyd and Arum wanted to all along.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                    Personally i still think it would break the PPV record.

It's still Mayweather vs Pacquiao at the end of the day. The fight the world has wanted for the last 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      I don't necessarily think that's the case.

Biggest PPV fights were Mayweather/De La Hoya and Lewis/Tyson.

Both fights were long overdue and De La Hoya and Tyson were past prime.
                      Surely not the same Mike Tyson that was brutally KO'd by Douglas and Holyfield?

It can't be true according to BScene logic.

Comment

Working...
                      X