No announcement yet.

Ron Lyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Lyle

How highly do you rate lyle? would he be a world champion in todays era?

Originally posted by Joey Giardello View Post
    How highly do you rate lyle? would he be a world champion in todays era?
    I think he would be a champion, definitely. If BRIGGS could be one, Lyle could too. And a better one than Shannon. I rate Lyle high as a puncher, but as a boxer he had flaws. Quarry took him apart completely. Ali, a weak puncher, stopped him because he was able to hit him at will. It means Lyle had no defense or he had minimal defense skills. Still, Lyle was not exactly a crap boxer, he did decision Joe Bugner. Controversially or not. He was exciting to watch and would sure bring a lot to today's hw division.

Comment

Like I said in the other thread;

I have no doubt in my mind that Ron Lyle could be a Champion in todays ****ty era with 3,000 versions of the title.

Comment

He could no question but id take Vitali over him

Question who would win and how - Ron Lyle vs Ike Ibeabuchi?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          He could no question but id take Vitali over him

Question who would win and how - Ron Lyle vs Ike Ibeabuchi?
          Ibeabuchi, almost certainly. Unless Lyle caught him with a big one, he'd outbox Lyle and maybe stop him late or take a UD. Ike was a wonder, a superhumanly strong fighter with boxing skills. Lyle was a bigger puncher tho, Ike could bang too but Lyle is considered one of the hardest punchers in history really...

On the other hand, Lyle koes Briggs. Thats not even debatable. Lyle had a better chin than Shannon I think and lets not say anything about the stamina.
          Last edited by Pastrano; 05-23-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I would take Wlad and Vitali to beat him.

Yes he could win a title and I feel Ike would beat him.

Not sure about David Haye but, I'll openly admit I'm a David Haye "hater."

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
              I would take Wlad and Vitali to beat him.

Yes he could win a title and I feel Ike would beat him.

Not sure about David Haye but, I'll openly admit I'm a David Haye "hater."
              Its a toss-up. In a battle of killer punchers, its always 50-50. Depends who hurts who first. They are of same size but Haye has longer arms, so he might have a good chance. Still, Lyle is a tough, tough guy...

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Like I said in the other thread;

I have no doubt in my mind that Ron Lyle could be a Champion in todays ****ty era with 3,000 versions of the title.
                After July 2, there will only be 2 versions of the heavyweight title. I believe that is less than any other division in boxing.

Comment

Across this era, there was been plenty more than 2 versions of the title.

One in which I have no doubt in my mind that Ron Lyle could have won a version of.

3,000 is an obvious exaggeration in which I'm stressing there are plenty of versions of the World Title as opposed to the single one there once was.

Comment

Working...
                  X