Round 5: Martinez 10-9
    Round 6: Martinez 10-9
    Round 7: Martinez 10-9
    Round 8: Martinez 10-9
    Round 9: Martinez 10-9
    Round 10:Martinez 10-9
    Round 11:Martinez 10-9
    Round 12:Chavez 10-8

Sergio Martinez 118-109 simple as that. Easiest fight to score since Ali-Holmes
    Last edited by Ring Leader; 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I saw it 11-1 for Sexi with the 10-8 for Jr at the end, this was for the most part a domination and pretty easy to score.

Comment

11-1 Martinez

Gave Chavez 10-8 round in 12th. I don't see how you could score 10-7 after the official knock down. Martinez fought back as the round was closing, he wasn't necessarily on a stretcher being taken out.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          Why should it no way be a 10-8, the whole reason for the 10 point must system is to give leeway for exactly that purpose. If a fighter gets dominated in a round and lands virtually nothing in the way of return fire, not only is it fair to score it a 10-8, it should really be the norm to give that fighter less than 9 points.

You're awarding those points based on how well the fighter performs, not only based on who wins and who loses the round. Why would a fighter who gets totally dominated in a round still deserve 9 points, when (in a different fight) a fighter who puts up a good fight but doesn't do quite enough to win the round also gets the same 9 points?

Check out the rules of the 10 point must system for a better understanding of how it works.
          I agree with you. I give 10-8 rounds when I judge fights (sitting on my couch at home scoring) as well as 10-10 rounds if both guys do virtually nothing to stand out. I scored several rounds in the Calzaghe-Lacy fight as 10-8 rounds for Joe based on how he dominated Lacy.

Comment

For me it was pretty easy.

Martínez won 10-9 the first 11 rounds

Chavez won last round 10-8.

Martínez 118 - 109.

Comment

Working...
            X